All times are UTC

Post subject: MIDI/audio freeze and flatten???
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 6:26 am 

hey,

I'm trying to take a friend's midi files from Reason and make an arrangement in Ableton that I can work with and then route that midi back to the synths in Reason. The sound seems to be working, only I'm not exactly sure my signal is proper. I want to get the individual tracks' audio back into Ableton on separate tracks but they all seem to be coming in on one. At a certain point I had been able to freeze-flatten the midi clips in the arrangement, but then I saved, realized the audio was all overlapping and recorded redundant drums on each. I have recreated the midi tracks but now I can't freeze them as it says there's no audio output.

Am I missing some link between audio and midi tracks? is there a fusion track?? Furthermore, I want to start overdubbing some sounds (played from Reason modules) onto other tracks...

Post subject: Re: MIDI/audio freeze and flatten???
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 7:21 am 

I think the External Instrument plug-in is the answer to my troubles...

Input still appreciated!

Post subject: Re: MIDI/audio freeze and flatten???
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 9:40 am 

if you're running in rewire mode, route each reason instrument to reasons audio hardware interface instead of the mixer channels, then make an external instrument track in live for each, select the midi to and audio from for each reason audio output channel.
You can also keep the midi data in the reason sequencer and just route audio back to live. to record the audio in live send each external instrument track to a new audio track.