All times are UTC

Post subject: Editor keys ableton keyboard.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:46 am 

Anyone have one? How do you like the shortcut setup on it?

Post subject: Re: Editor keys ableton keyboard.
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:48 am 

Hey

Yes got the Editors Keys official Apple one for Ableton... check it out. (how do I attached a photo?)

It's pretty damn good, and always impresses clients when they come in to hear the mixes!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:30 pm 

Bergmann wrote:
Hey

Yes got the Editors Keys official Apple one for Ableton... check it out. (how do I attached a photo?)

It's pretty damn good, and always impresses clients when they come in to hear the mixes!

Hi bergmann, How has it helped you editing?

Are the transport controls quicker to refer to?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:44 pm 

Are they still two/three finger shortcuts, ie the original Ableton ones?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:37 pm 

Funk N. Furter wrote:
Are they still two/three finger shortcuts, ie the original Ableton ones?

Oh here we go!!!........... But have you heard of this blah blah, I can do it with one finger on my mac :)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:15 pm 

I shall ignore the above post/poster.

"Your new Ableton Live keyboard gives you lightning fast access to all of the main program tools, saving you the hassle of manuals, menus and tool-bars. So whilst saving time and money, you’ll also impress your clients by transforming your standard room into a professional studio. Each key also contains the Ableton shortcut text as well as your keyboards standard letter for easy typing.

When your at your studio set up and working on your latest track, did you know, around 30% of your time is spent clicking through the Ableton Live menus and tool bars?"

HOW does it save you time exactly?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:12 pm 

Is the current version for live 9? It don't say.....or..... are they on sale because it's a live 8 version and the keys have changed slightly??

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:10 pm 

Quote:
On a side note, you still need to hold down CTRL for most of the functions (all the functions that are underlined requires holding CTRL) just like with a regular keyboard, but even so, you ll find the keys so much faster that this keyboard saves you loads of time compared to trying to remember them or going through the menus with your mouse.

http://www.musicblogs.co.uk/posts/2013/ ... rd-how-to/

Hmm... I suspected this was the case. Which basically means the only benefit is if you can't remember the standard Live shortcuts, which I don't recommend anyway.

Yes I'm sure there are people who actually do mouse up to the menu and this would save them time, but it's light years behind what I do.