All times are UTC

Post subject: Anyone else having this problem with UAD plugins
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:59 pm 

In Live 8 I used to be able to double click on a parameter in a UAD plugin (for example, precision buss compressor and the "threshold" value) and use the computer keyboard to enter a numerical value. I can no longer do that in Live 9. ???
Windows 7, 64 bit, Live 9 64 bit.

Post subject: Re: Anyone else having this problem with UAD plugins
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:43 pm 

Do the plugins get seen by Live? I am trying to remember if I saw something about UAD's plugins being updated recently (to 64 bit?I am not sure...don't have any of their stuff). Not sure what else.... If you are running 64 bit Live and UAD are 32 bit (not updated/haven't gotten 64 bit version) you'll need JBridge or something like it to run 32 bit plugins in 64 bit Live (8 or 9).

Mike

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:32 pm 

darkenedsoul wrote:
Do the plugins get seen by Live? I am trying to remember if I saw something about UAD's plugins being updated recently (to 64 bit?I am not sure...don't have any of their stuff). Not sure what else.... If you are running 64 bit Live and UAD are 32 bit (not updated/haven't gotten 64 bit version) you'll need JBridge or something like it to run 32 bit plugins in 64 bit Live (8 or 9).

Mike

the uad plugs are 64 bit, are seen by live, and work perfectly. i just hate that i can't input data numerically into them anymore.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:50 pm 

Ok, there was something that was put into the Options.txt file for Native Instruments window/GUI issue some time ago, I wonder if that may be a similar issue then? Search for Options.txt and Native Instruments and you should be able to find an old thread to see if the addition to that file resolves the problem. Hopefully it does as it'll make your life easier I guess!

And I had to ask about the 64 bit as it wasn't mentioned.

Mike

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:05 pm 

darkenedsoul wrote:
Ok, there was something that was put into the Options.txt file for Native Instruments window/GUI issue some time ago, I wonder if that may be a similar issue then? Search for Options.txt and Native Instruments and you should be able to find an old thread to see if the addition to that file resolves the problem. Hopefully it does as it'll make your life easier I guess!

And I had to ask about the 64 bit as it wasn't mentioned.

Mike

thanks, i'll check into the options.txt thing.