All times are UTC

Post subject: one control surface, 16 chains in drum rack
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:12 pm 

I'm having the following conundrum

I've made a drum rack. In it, there are 16 racked samplers (e.g racks within racks), each with identical macro control mappings, each assigned to a note / pad on the drum rack. Each sampler contains any number of samples; there are 8 macros on the instrument rack controlling various paramaters of the sampler. The whole is controlled with an MPD 32.

The idea is that each pad on the mpd32 conrtrols one sampler, and I can use the knob on the mpd 32 to control the sample selection and other paramaters of the sampler currently in play.

Now some of the time it works perfectly, in that this happens: When I am banging on a particular pad, the instrument chain associated with that pad lights up, and the mpd automatically grabs hold of that sampler, allowing me to select samples and do other good things.

Some of the time, this does not happen. The instrument chain does not light up, and the mpd's knobs control the macro buttons of a sampler not in play.
It's all got to do with under what conditions Live will 'light up' the chain in the drum rack currently being triggered. I can't figure out when that happens.

Any advice?

live 9.1.2, OS mavericks, push, stray's script, MPD32/LD8, stc, access virus kc, and my life is a never ending tub of awesome