Apply same warping to different audio clips?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
UCAudio

Apply same warping to different audio clips?

Post by UCAudio » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:09 pm

I have drum loops where the wav files are the exact same lengths (recordings from different mic position of the same drumming). I want to be able to warp one... then copy all of the warping details... warp marker positions etc, to one of the other loops so that everything stays in phase. If I warp them each individually things will get messed up since the transients will be different in each clip. Is something like this possible in live?

yur2die4

Re: Apply same warping to different audio clips?

Post by yur2die4 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:35 pm

First. Go into Preferences and turn off auto warp long samples.

Next drag all your audio clips into Arrangement View. Hold ctrl and they will line up per-channel before you drop them instead of horizontally.

Double check that all clips have maxed out Start/End times. And check that the beginnings are all on the same point of the arrangement view grid.

This next part I like to do, I'll select everything, and then zoom into the grid of the drums. Carefully I'll line the first beat waveform up with one of the lines of the Arrangement View grid. THIS STEP is probably not necessary, but I do it.

Okay, now choose your drum clip and turn on Warp. Then hit the Master/Slave button. From here read te manual about that Master/Slave button.

Now warp that drum track.

When done, as you turn warp on for other clips, they will also acquire the same markers.

SuburbanThug

Re: Apply same warping to different audio clips?

Post by SuburbanThug » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:49 pm

There's a couple of youtube videos on another method of doing this as well. Search for "warping multiple clips Ableton" on youtube. One of them is by Mr. Bill.