CPU Issues

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
fishmonkey

Re: CPU Issues

Post by fishmonkey » Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:34 am

using an external display, especially a high-res one, makes your GPU work much harder and hotter...

syntheticemoshen

Post by syntheticemoshen » Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:48 pm

so "SWIM" has been getting pretty much the same problem on albeton live 9 and cubase 7.5. swim will run a project fine for around an hour or so then start bugging out and stuttering (projects aren't espesaliy big and nothing that swims mbp could handle a while back) . swim will shut down his computer for 10 mins and open it again and most of the time it will work again fine for some time. its not an ableton problem because it also happens in cubase 7.5. both ableton and cubase are ligitly bought but swim uses cracked vst (only for sound exploration swim will never use cracked vst for professional and or profitable ventures) my newest cracked vsts are waves 9r18, abl2 and a lx200 maybe some more... do you think that maybe that could be the problem?

swim is using a mac book pro 17 inc late 2011, osx 19.3, 2.5 ghz i7, 8gb ram, 512 Intel ssd for software, and 1000 gb Samsung ssd for projects and samples. both ableton and cubase are up to date.

monks1975

Post by monks1975 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:25 pm

Seems like my issue with Live (up to 9.1.3 beta) is directly related to the windowserver process (Mavericks, Mac Air), which was going into overdrive when I ran Ableton fullscreen on my thunderbolt display. Making the window smaller made all the difference.

Looks like Ableton window drawing code is not working well in large resolutions.