JBRIDGE COMPLAINT DO NOT BUY!!!!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
djjoeyc

JBRIDGE COMPLAINT DO NOT BUY!!!!

Post by djjoeyc » Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:54 pm

So I tried the JBridge demo out and it worked great...Went to buy it and bought the Windows version by accident ( I run mac )

Contacted JBridge they told me I need to BUY IT AGAIN for Mac.

Does this seem crazy to anyone els?

Also when I post my complaint on their forum they keep deleting it LOL freedom of speech much?

kryptonitejesus

Re: JBRIDGE COMPLAINT DO NOT BUY!!!!

Post by kryptonitejesus » Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:28 pm

did you pay with paypal? if so just file a dispute.

umd

Post by umd » Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:31 pm

Hello.

I am jBridge/jBridgeM's developer.

I would just like to have a chance to speak in my defence.

djjoeyc, I acted honestly and in good faith, and, as you're aware from the multiple messages we exchanged, you had the time and chance to solve this.

jBridge is not a Windows version of jBridgeM. Nor is jBridgeM an OS X version of jBridge. I can understand that you may be tempted to think that, given the visual similarities.

But unfortunately I spent 2 years making research reading and coding before putting jBridgeM out.
It was ( and still is being ) a lot of additional R&D ( I also had to buy a Mac specifically for this task ).

I would certainly love as much as you to simply compile the already existing code in OS X, but that wasn't possible, and that's the reason why there had to be a different software named jBridgeM.

If it wasn't like this ( Having two separated softwares ), I would never have started making jBridgeM.

It says here just at the top:

"note: This software works in Windows XP or above only. If you’re looking for a VST bridge for OS X, please click here."

http://jstuff.wordpress.com/jbridge/

It says just above the purchase button:

"Note: This software works in Windows XP/Vista/7 only. To make use of all its features, a 64bit Windows OS such as Vista or 7 is recommended. Please try the demo first!"

In the purchase link it says:
"jBridge ( for Windows ONLY )".

Minutes after you made the purchase, you received a receipt from PayPal where the item details where mentioned too:

More than 6 hours have passed since you made the purchase and the time I emailed you the software, if you had emailed me before I had sent it I would have gladly made a refund/exchange ( Like I always do when users promptly communicate any error, which wasn't the case ).

edit: A public thanks to PayPal's staff for settling this matter ( extremely ) quickly and fairly.
Last edited by umd on Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wasoota

Post by wasoota » Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:39 pm

kryptonitejesus wrote:did you pay with paypal? if so just file a dispute.
It's not a dispute when you buy the wrong product.

I wish all my mistakes just cost me $20.

studiologic

Post by studiologic » Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:52 pm

djjoeyc wrote:So I tried the JBridge demo out and it worked great...Went to buy it and bought the Windows version by accident ( I run mac )

Contacted JBridge they told me I need to BUY IT AGAIN for Mac.

Does this seem crazy to anyone els?

Also when I post my complaint on their forum they keep deleting it LOL freedom of speech much?
WOW!!! because you purchased the wrong software you are going to put the developer on "blast"? you asked... "does this seem crazy to anyone else"...No!!! you sound crazy actually!!!

if other software companies had the support like jbridge the music making community would be a better place!!!

to the developers of jbridge... there is no need to explain your position... and thank you for creating jbridge and jbridgem!!!

djjoeyc

Post by djjoeyc » Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:06 pm

[/quote]WOW!!! because you purchased the wrong software you are going to put the developer on "blast"? you asked... "does this seem crazy to anyone else"...No!!! you sound crazy actually!!![/quote]

Name me another software company that doesn't give u the both mac and pc installers with each purchase? As far as putting someone on blast they could of sent me the right file and i would of deleted the pc installer with no harm done

@umd

I also gave you a chance to just give me what i needed...i have no use for a windows software I DONT OWN A PC...i had no intention on defrauding anyone no offense but your not exactly developing Waves plugins your market is very niche and im not going to make any money off of stealing your product, it was an honest mistake i didnt catch until u sent me the file...Also if so 100% in the right why keep deleting my comment?

once again i admit i made an error on my part I AM HUMAN my complaint is with the handling by Jbridge. Normally dealing with the small developers is easy not this time

djjoeyc

Post by djjoeyc » Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:13 pm

umd wrote:Hello.

I am jBridge/jBridgeM's developer.

I would just like to have a chance to speak in my defence.

djjoeyc, I acted honestly and in good faith, and, as you're aware from the multiple messages we exchanged, you had the time and chance to solve this.

jBridge is not a Windows version of jBridgeM. Nor is jBridgeM an OS X version of jBridge. I can understand that you may be tempted to think that, given the visual similarities.

But unfortunately I spent 2 years making research reading and coding before putting jBridgeM out.
It was ( and still is being ) a lot of additional R&D ( I also had to buy a Mac specifically for this task ).

I would certainly love as much as you to simply compile the already existing code in OS X, but that wasn't possible, and that's the reason why there had to be a different software named jBridgeM.

If it wasn't like this ( Having two separated softwares ), I would never have started making jBridgeM.

It says here just at the top:

"note: This software works in Windows XP or above only. If you’re looking for a VST bridge for OS X, please click here."

http://jstuff.wordpress.com/jbridge/

It says just above the purchase button:

"Note: This software works in Windows XP/Vista/7 only. To make use of all its features, a 64bit Windows OS such as Vista or 7 is recommended. Please try the demo first!"

In the purchase link it says:

Minutes after you made the purchase, you received a receipt from PayPal where the item details where mentioned too:

More than 6 hours have passed since you made the purchase and the time I emailed you the software, if you had emailed me before I had sent it I would have gladly made a refund/exchange ( Like I always do when users promptly communicate any error, which wasn't the case ).

Also you keep bringing up this 6hour thing...it took you 6 hours to send me the file LOL I didn't really look at my pay pal receipt I never would of thought this would of turned into such a hassle bro. Not to mention JbridgeM is 10 pounds cheaper the windows J Bridge I got you still would of made out in the deal!!! lol

djjoeyc

Post by djjoeyc » Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:14 pm

ONCE AGAIN PEOPLE I ADMIT I MADE A MISTAKE MY ISSUE IS WITH THE ARROGANCE OF JBRIDGE MAKING IT SEEM LIKE I STOLE THEIR PRODUCT AND DELETING MY POST FROM THEIR SITE WHEN ALL I WAS DOING WAS STATING FACTS OF WHAT HAPPEND

NO PROBLEM WITH SOFTWARE PROBLEM WITH PEOPLE WHO SELL IT

HAVE A NICE DAY

infernal.machine

Post by infernal.machine » Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:59 pm

Jbridge is awesome.

You are an idiot.
:x

djjoeyc

Post by djjoeyc » Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:06 pm

infernal.machine wrote:Jbridge is awesome.

You are an idiot.
:x
Hey Genius did u ready my post? plug in is great the customer service i got for a understandable human error is where my complain lies

infernal.machine

Post by infernal.machine » Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:25 pm

djjoeyc wrote: Hey Genius did u ready my post? plug in is great the customer service i got for a understandable human error is where my complain lies
Did you "ready" J's post? Cause it makes a hell of a lot of sense. Fucking pay more attention.

djjoeyc

Post by djjoeyc » Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:36 pm

infernal.machine wrote:
djjoeyc wrote: Hey Genius did u ready my post? plug in is great the customer service i got for a understandable human error is where my complain lies
Did you "ready" J's post? Cause it makes a hell of a lot of sense. Fucking pay more attention.
LOVE when people get tough online LOL

wasoota

Post by wasoota » Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:46 pm

JBRIDGE COMPLAINT DO NOT BUY WRONG VERSION!!!!

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:17 pm

I guess I could understand wanting the developer to be cool about a dumb mistake if the software was expensive, but it's not?
The Bridge is going to cost you $36 instead of $16, deal with it. If it was $360 instead of $160 I would be sympathetic, but instead you come across as horribly cheap.

Jbridge M is very solid, and worth $36 easily.

störgeräusche

Post by störgeräusche » Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:23 pm

we need the facepalm icon in this forum
soundcloud
website

Live Suite 9 - Komplete 9 - Waldorf Largo & Edition - Elektron Analog Rytm - Push 1&2- Launch Control & XL -
Adam P33A