Maschine Expansions.....Also, why Jesus chose Maschine!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Theo Void

Maschine Expansions.....Also, why Jesus chose Maschine!

Post by Theo Void » Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:29 pm

Ok. First off, I'm not a pre-setter(for lack of a better term) nor am I one of these people who string pre-made loops together and call myself a producer. I definitely use one shot drums from sample packs but I usually layer the shit out of them and filter and saturate them. I'm quite proficient on a few synths including Massive, Operator, Sylenth, Fm8, Elektra-x. I've become pretty good w/ various types of synthesis over the years.

So now that that's out of the way everyone can refrain from telling me that I should make my own, or I'm a phony loser because I own a loop library, or if I don't use a pure sine-wave and an envelope than I should kill myself, or Maschine is for bitches you should get a PUSH, etc.

Now, the only reason I'm even considering this is because I got a $30.00 e-voucher from NI and honestly, I think the sounds that come w/ Maschine are fucking brilliant! They literally blow Ableton sample libraries out of the water and are highly playable and tweakable. So, I'm just wondering which ones are some of your favorites. I've listened to all the demo's and so far I like Dark Pressure the best. Also, I'm mostly in it for the drums. So, if anyone can chime in and let me know what you think of any of these expansions it would help me out. Thanks!

P.S. Maschine is fucking AMAZING!!! and if you don't own one and use it regularly then you suck at producing and should probably go apply for a job at Long John Silvers.
I've never touched a PUSH but I'll tell you right now that Maschine makes it look like a nano pad controller. LOL.........(I still want one)

beats me

Re: Maschine Expansions.....Also, why Jesus chose Maschine!

Post by beats me » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:02 pm

Oh snap. I just realized I have a $25 NI e-voucher, and Maschine expansions are about the only thing worth putting it towards (that isn’t insanely expensive).

Sorry for not adding anything of value here.

delicioso

Post by delicioso » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:11 pm

I quite like the Transistor Punch expansion for the FX chains. Highly recommended.

Theo Void

Post by Theo Void » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:14 pm

Nice!!! Thanks for the input!

And yes, its quite clever on NI's part to entice you w/ a voucher. It's almost impossible to NOT buy something. That said I would never pay 50 actual dollars for this but twenty is doable

login

Post by login » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:54 pm

This is pammming is getting out of control

NewDin

Post by NewDin » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:24 am

https://soundcloud.com/nativeinstrument ... mandel-eis

This one is coming out real soon and sounds good to me so far. I might put my voucher to that one.

Theo Void

Post by Theo Void » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:38 am

login wrote:This is pammming is getting out of control
I am NOT spamming, honestly. I am legit in Love w/ Maschine! I still use and absolutely LOVE Live and would have bought PUSH if it weren't back ordered for the next 6 years. But I didn't wanna wait and bought a Maschine and am happier than EVER that I did!

mozzatron

Post by mozzatron » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:42 am

Just because you think the NI sound libraries are better than Ableton's doesn't mean you should get Machine...you can still use the NI samples within Ableton/Push

I have both Machine and Push and i have to say the versatility of Push wins hands down over Machine
Theo Void wrote:Ok. First off, I'm not a pre-setter(for lack of a better term) nor am I one of these people who string pre-made loops together and call myself a producer. I definitely use one shot drums from sample packs but I usually layer the shit out of them and filter and saturate them. I'm quite proficient on a few synths including Massive, Operator, Sylenth, Fm8, Elektra-x. I've become pretty good w/ various types of synthesis over the years.

So now that that's out of the way everyone can refrain from telling me that I should make my own, or I'm a phony loser because I own a loop library, or if I don't use a pure sine-wave and an envelope than I should kill myself, or Maschine is for bitches you should get a PUSH, etc.

Now, the only reason I'm even considering this is because I got a $30.00 e-voucher from NI and honestly, I think the sounds that come w/ Maschine are fucking brilliant! They literally blow Ableton sample libraries out of the water and are highly playable and tweakable. So, I'm just wondering which ones are some of your favorites. I've listened to all the demo's and so far I like Dark Pressure the best. Also, I'm mostly in it for the drums. So, if anyone can chime in and let me know what you think of any of these expansions it would help me out. Thanks!

P.S. Maschine is fucking AMAZING!!! and if you don't own one and use it regularly then you suck at producing and should probably go apply for a job at Long John Silvers.
I've never touched a PUSH but I'll tell you right now that Maschine makes it look like a nano pad controller. LOL.........(I still want one)

Theo Void

Post by Theo Void » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:19 pm

mozzatron wrote:Just because you think the NI sound libraries are better than Ableton's doesn't mean you should get Machine...you can still use the NI samples within Ableton/Push

I have both Machine and Push and i have to say the versatility of Push wins hands down over Machine
Theo Void wrote:Ok. First off, I'm not a pre-setter(for lack of a better term) nor am I one of these people who string pre-made loops together and call myself a producer. I definitely use one shot drums from sample packs but I usually layer the shit out of them and filter and saturate them. I'm quite proficient on a few synths including Massive, Operator, Sylenth, Fm8, Elektra-x. I've become pretty good w/ various types of synthesis over the years.

I just mentioned that the sound libraries are better. It by no means is THE reason I bought Maschine! I bought Maschine because I literally could not get a Push and I wasn't waiting 3 months. I bought a Maschine and I'm ver VEry VERY Happy w/ it!!! I absolutely LOVE the workflow and everything about it!!!!

I never said it was BETTER than PUSH, I just said I liked Maschine.
Jesus!!! Relax!!!!

This isn't Maschine vs. Push, I simply enjoy the Maschine. So shoot me!

Theo Void

Post by Theo Void » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:20 pm

mozzatron wrote:Just because you think the NI sound libraries are better than Ableton's doesn't mean you should get Machine...you can still use the NI samples within Ableton/Push

I just mentioned that the sound libraries are better. It by no means is THE reason I bought Maschine! I bought Maschine because I literally could not get a Push and I wasn't waiting 3 months. I bought a Maschine and I'm ver VEry VERY Happy w/ it!!! I absolutely LOVE the workflow and everything about it!!!!

I never said it was BETTER than PUSH, I just said I liked Maschine.
Jesus!!! Relax!!!!

This isn't Maschine vs. Push, I simply enjoy the Maschine. So shoot me!

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:38 pm

/Thread highjack on/
This reminds me of a disappointment I had early on, when I heard first of the expansion packs. I originally thought that they would include new FX that are as tightly integrated with Maschine as the supplied ones are (but maybe better - especially the reverbs; and more instruments, not just the sampler).
But no such thing ever came about. :(
I'd be willing to pay good money for it!
NI, are you listening?!!

/Thread highjack off/

jlgrimes

Post by jlgrimes » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:24 pm

TomViolenz wrote:/Thread highjack on/
This reminds me of a disappointment I had early on, when I heard first of the expansion packs. I originally thought that they would include new FX that are as tightly integrated with Maschine as the supplied ones are (but maybe better - especially the reverbs; and more instruments, not just the sampler).
NI, are you listening?!!

/Thread highjack off/

I think they want you to buy into their Komplete Libraries which has Reflektor which is nice.

spinflux

Post by spinflux » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:10 pm

Yes. Maschine samples are excellent source material. Electric Vice samples are even better than DP and TP in my point of view. The latest addition, Pulswerk, also seems a splendid choice for a Summer Sale buy. Oh, Maschine and Push cannot be compared of course. Push is a dedicated (hence excellent) controller for Live, especially the musical scale layout. Maschine is a solid performing sequencer, in- and outside a DAW, with excellent samples and surprising FX.

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:02 pm

jlgrimes wrote:
TomViolenz wrote:/Thread highjack on/
NI, are you listening?!!

/Thread highjack off/

I think they want you to buy into their Komplete Libraries which has Reflektor which is nice.
No, I have more than enough vst's, that's not what I mean.
I want more fully integrated, light on the CPU FX and instruments that have the full parameters written out and the values shown not in some arbitrary percentage values, but mesures with meaning, with a layout and feature set that fits to the paradigm of 2 small screens and 8 knobs...
Just like the stock FX and the Sampler.
As I said, I would buy THOSE kind of expansion packs!

cmockett

Post by cmockett » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:31 pm

Used my voucher on Helios Ray-
the drums sound awesome, especially the vinyl kits. My one gripe would be some of the kits contained extremely similar sounding snares/claps etc, like the reverb tail is a touch different for obviously the same sample. I doubt Ill ever use the rhodes and jazz guitar samples, not for lack of quality though.

I as well am in love with Maschine.