Rhythm & Sound - yeehah!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
David

Rhythm & Sound - yeehah!

Post by David » Thu Apr 28, 2005 7:57 pm

Finally going to get the chance to hear (and see!) a couple of artists who helped shape my childhood love for electronica and weird and wonderful dubby techno. I'm really looking forward to this one big time! Maybe rub shoulders or step on the toes of some of you cats down there!

http://www.glasshousetransmission.com/

best,

david

smart1123

Post by smart1123 » Thu Apr 28, 2005 8:49 pm

Very Lucky Bastard
Basic Channel Too 8O
15" TiBook 1.5 GHz 1Gig RAM, MOTU Traveller, Live 5, Reaktor 5, Alesis Micron, Yamaha EX-5, UC-33e, BCR2000, Lexicon MPX-1, Orbit, Event 20/20's

D K

Post by D K » Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:12 pm

total envy
enjoy it for me, too!
d

colin_h

Post by colin_h » Fri Apr 29, 2005 12:51 am

drool, drool, (!!!jealous rage!!!!!), drool...
..-

minimal

Post by minimal » Fri Apr 29, 2005 7:38 am

you lucky */&%*ç"...

will surely be a fantastic set.

wish I could be there too...

by the way three weeks ago scion performed live with paul brother here in zürich, it has been a wonderful set.

jah

Post by jah » Fri Apr 29, 2005 9:21 am

Rhythm & Sound are amazing. Even they're instrumental releases are jaw-dropping. Did you hear 'See mi yah' with Willi Williams? It's great

Dunno how they are live though.. I've seen Tikiman with someone from, I think it was Scion, and it was okay. But nothing special..

minimal

Post by minimal » Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:05 pm

jah wrote:Rhythm & Sound are amazing. Even they're instrumental releases are jaw-dropping. Did you hear 'See mi yah' with Willi Williams? It's great

Dunno how they are live though.. I've seen Tikiman with someone from, I think it was Scion, and it was okay. But nothing special..
see mi yah is one of those records that I always let play 2 or three times in a row, long live the repeat function on cd players.

AndrewDuke

Re: Rhythm & Sound - yeehah!

Post by AndrewDuke » Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:24 pm

David wrote:Finally going to get the chance to hear (and see!) a couple of artists who helped shape my childhood love for electronica and weird and wonderful dubby techno. I'm really looking forward to this one big time! Maybe rub shoulders or step on the toes of some of you cats down there!

http://www.glasshousetransmission.com/

best,

david
give us a report please. have you heard scion arrange and process basic channel mix cd done with ableton and released on tresor? andrew

David

Post by David » Fri Apr 29, 2005 7:18 pm

I'll definetly post some footage of the night. I'm taking my digital camera and have borrowed a large memory card from work so I can cram it full of videos and photos of the night. Yeh, its should be a top night :!: I'm really looking forward to it.

Andrew - I do have the scion mix and like it very much, actually its incredible! Some of my faves of bc on that cd, such as lyots remix of bc-03. Also q1.1 has such as good dark melodic groove. Do you know the track 'Groove la chord' by aril brikha? another top tune in a similar vein!

report back soon with some hopefully good footage,
best,

david

AndrewDuke

david

Post by AndrewDuke » Sat Apr 30, 2005 3:17 am

David wrote:I'll definetly post some footage of the night. I'm taking my digital camera and have borrowed a large memory card from work so I can cram it full of videos and photos of the night.

***excellent

Yeh, its should be a top night :!: I'm really looking forward to it.

Andrew - I do have the scion mix and like it very much, actually its incredible! Some of my faves of bc on that cd, such as lyots remix of bc-03. Also q1.1 has such as good dark melodic groove.

***i was lucky enough to interview the boys from scion back in the day for my syndicated radio/net show. great conversation.

Do you know the track 'Groove la chord' by aril brikha?

***yep.

another top tune in a similar vein!

report back soon with some hopefully good footage,

***looking forward. thanks again. andrew

best,

david

David

Post by David » Sun May 01, 2005 3:32 pm

Hi there,

Ok, I am now safely back from the Rhythm & Sound night. The night went well and the music was great. The venue was a very large Church, where they have now ripped out all the pews and made into a dance floor. What was once the pulpit is now the stage for guys such as bc :twisted:

I managed to get some footage of the night and have uploaded some short clips to my website. I'm afraid there's not much to see though as it was pretty dark in there, being a club and all that. Nevertheless, you can here some of the tunes which were being played. If anyone recognizes the tune being played on clip MVI_0540 tell me the name please!

best,

david

http://www.david-e.de/clips.zip

AndrewDuke

Post by AndrewDuke » Sun May 01, 2005 4:02 pm

David wrote:Hi there,

Ok, I am now safely back from the Rhythm & Sound night. The night went well and the music was great. The venue was a very large Church, where they have now ripped out all the pews and made into a dance floor. What was once the pulpit is now the stage for guys such as bc :twisted:

I managed to get some footage of the night and have uploaded some short clips to my website. I'm afraid there's not much to see though as it was pretty dark in there, being a club and all that. Nevertheless, you can here some of the tunes which were being played. If anyone recognizes the tune being played on clip MVI_0540 tell me the name please!

best,

david

thanks, david. i've downloaded the zip and will get back to you once i've had a chance to check it. andrew

D K

Post by D K » Sun May 01, 2005 5:29 pm

thanks for the clips!
looks like it was a blast!
d

natasha

Post by natasha » Sun May 01, 2005 6:03 pm

I had the chance to see Scion a few weeks back, although ended up dancing to British Murder Boys non stop at the same time :oops: shame they clashed. I heard some stuff to begin with and was sounding really nice.

really want to see Rhythm & Sound at some point, will try and check out the footage on my uber slow computer.

AndrewDuke

Post by AndrewDuke » Sun May 01, 2005 6:26 pm

AndrewDuke wrote:
David wrote:Hi there,

best,

david

thanks, david. i've downloaded the zip and will get back to you once i've had a chance to check it. andrew

hi, david. didn't recognize 540, maybe it was a new song? andrew