All times are UTC

Post subject: How To Embed this plugin
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:22 pm 

I purchased EASTERN WINDS library from Best Service. Installed and it works in Best Service Engine as standalone App. Got sounds etc. Unfortunately software documentation sucks! No information how to get this working within LIVE. Tthis of course applies to all libraries so I was hoping there should be plenty of people usiing it. I cannott find any info on-line how to use it though. Any ideas ?

ART

Post subject: Re: How To Embed this plugin
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:41 pm 

aklisiewicz wrote:
I purchased EASTERN WINDS library from Best Service. Installed and it works in Best Service Engine as standalone App. Got sounds etc. Unfortunately software documentation sucks! No information how to get this working within LIVE. Tthis of course applies to all libraries so I was hoping there should be plenty of people usiing it. I cannott find any info on-line how to use it though. Any ideas ?

ART

Well, if you check your plug-in folder for the 2.5.0 Best Service playback engine you should find a VST version that you simply drag to the track where you want it.

I think you mean Desert Winds…

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:46 pm 

that is the problem, I only see EXE file, nothing else Since I use Win10/64 there is a \ProgramData folder with \BestService folder in it, but this one also has no DLL file in there so I really don't know where to look for. If I have had a file name I would do global search, but I don't know what I'm looking for.
I located a DOCUMENTATION folder and here is what I found in the PDF file:

"Using Engine as plug-in
Because of all the different sequencers please refer to the manual of your host application
for the process of loading instrument plug-ins. There are no special requirements for using
Engine as a plug-in."

means I've found nothing :-(

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:24 pm 

Have you tried contacting Best Service?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:36 pm 

aklisiewicz wrote:
that is the problem, I only see EXE file, nothing else Since I use Win10/64 there is a \ProgramData folder with \BestService folder in it, but this one also has no DLL file in there so I really don't know where to look for. If I have had a file name I would do global search, but I don't know what I'm looking for.
I located a DOCUMENTATION folder and here is what I found in the PDF file:

"Using Engine as plug-in
Because of all the different sequencers please refer to the manual of your host application
for the process of loading instrument plug-ins. There are no special requirements for using
Engine as a plug-in."

means I've found nothing :-(

VST plug-ins are installed in your VST folder. Surely you ran the installer in the link I supplied? Look in the Live preferences. You really need to read the manual. This is (almost anyway)really basic stuff.

Don't hesitate to ask us other users more, but also read that excellent manual. You won't regret it.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:33 pm 

Stromkraft - I use LIVE since version 5. I have tons of plugins installed. While installing BEST SERVICE engine there was no question or anything to install plugins, VST folders etc. There is just plain EXE file installed which allow to run it as standalone program. I do not know what link you referring to (I do not see you posted any URL).

Art

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:01 pm 

Quote:
Well, if you check your plug-in folder for the url=https://www.bestservice.de/en/downloads.html 2.5.0 Best Service playback engine /url you should find a VST version that you simply drag to the track where you want it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:03 pm 

aklisiewicz wrote:
Stromkraft - I use LIVE since version 5. I have tons of plugins installed. While installing BEST SERVICE engine there was no question or anything to install plugins, VST folders etc. There is just plain EXE file installed which allow to run it as standalone program. I do not know what link you referring to (I do not see you posted any URL).

There are no questions. It is installed is my point. At least if you use the installer in the link I've now posted twice. First time the link was in the text, which should have had a thicker text.

Post subject: Re: How To Embed this plugin - RESOLVED
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:48 pm 

OK, finally discovered that the problem was with the installation program which did not save DLL files. Support people sent me another link to download the Engine2 and this time everything got installed as expected. Bottom line is that I did not know what to look for (because of the crappy documentation). In case somebody else is having issues - you need to look for: engine2.dll file
Once you locate it place it in your LIVE VST folder
and then it all works. Thank you all who tried to help!

ARTHUR