All times are UTC

Post subject: Ableton How to setup a Drum Rack with VST
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:06 pm 

Hi all,

I've done an extensive search on the web looking for answers to my questions, unfortunately without any luck!
Therefore I'm posting here, hoping one of you can help me out:)

I'm using Ableton Live 9 Suite and recently I also obtained a copy of the Korg M1 vst plugin-in.
I would like to use one of the M1 kits in the Drums/Hit sections from this VST in a Ableton Drum Rack to write (dry non fx) beats/drum patterns.

To some extend I've managed to accomplish this by disabling al FX in the VST and adding the VST armed with the desired kit to note C1 in a Drum Rack.
I've also managed to be able to play al the available sounds on the M1 drums/Hit kit by setting the Drum Rack to receive all notes in the I/O section.
However with this setup I have only 1 instance of the M1 in the chain list, they aren't grouped and thus have no control over the individual sounds in the kit.
So whenever I make adjustments this influences all sound in the kit.

I know you can map all the received and played note manually, however this is quite time consuming when needed for multiple kits.
Therefore I could use your tips, ideas and suggestions for better/quicker methods to achieve this?

Best and thank you very much in advance for your contribution, its really appreciated.

Best and keep those wheels/bars movin;),

MyLove

Post subject: Re: Ableton How to setup a Drum Rack with VST
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:01 am 

Check this information:

https://www.ableton.com/answers/how-to- ... -in-live-9

Applies to any VST drum device. This can be used to setup the drum rack to drive a VST instrument instead.

Post subject: Re: Ableton How to setup a Drum Rack with VST
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:37 pm 

Here's a video I did a while back illustrating the process using Kontakt. Not too hard once you've done it a few times. Good luck...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOAVgavxaz0