All times are UTC

Post subject: sync master tempo from an external source
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:18 pm 

Hi guys, i need a bit of advice. I want to record my dj mixes in ableton. Via a line in on my asio soundcard. ihave figured out that bit, but now i want to know if there is any way of auto syncing the tempo of ableton with the tempocoming from my mixer so i can use some of abletons effects in my mix.

Cheers

Post subject: Re: sync master tempo from an external source
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:30 am 

Mick Keo wrote:
I want to record my dj mixes in ableton. Via a line in on my asio soundcard. ihave figured out that bit, but now i want to know if there is any way of auto syncing the tempo of ableton with the tempocoming from my mixer so i can use some of abletons effects in my mix.

Cheers

In Ableton 8 you can in theory sync to an external MIDI clock source. You can set this in Preferences:MIDI Sync. Set 'Sync' to 'On' for 'Input'. Send MIDI clock from your mixer if it can do that. You will probably have to enter an offset too.

In Ableton 9.04 at least, external sync seem to be totally bugging out, at least on OS X. I assume this is a Live bug so would expect the same on Windows. I haven't tried the 9.05 beta nor 9.01.

Macbook Pro 2.2ghz, 6gb / 1TB SSD-Hybrid, OS X Mavericks 10.9.1, Native Instruments Audio 2 (2nd gen), Ableton Live Suite 9.1 (64bit), Ableton Push, Native Instruments Komplete 9 + Razor, Fxpansion Tremor.

Post subject: Re: sync master tempo from an external source
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:54 am 

There's already a thread here started by the same user.

He must've cross posted (naughty boy!).