All times are UTC

Post subject: Livesets, workflow and .als file
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:15 am 

Ableton guys, do you have any documentation about the xml-like format of the liveset files (.als) ?

I'm explaining more my eternal workflow here:
I'm composing. Sometimes, I'm composing with album/release mood but I'm also composing for both album & live.
Everytime, I design my livset, it has almost the same structure.
I don't use the "diabolic downstairs" setup in which A LOT of my students are trapped (you know, you have 10 songs of 10 track each, you copy paste each track, and put each clips on a down-going diagonal to have only clips from 1 song on each scenes)
Indeed, I'm using Rack + chain selector.

So, for each song, I'm creating a new liveset with the same number of tracks and at the moment when I'm preparing the liveset ... you know what? I'm merging ALL my songs and then, have a laborious work of copy pasting each instrument of the songs' track 1s in the rack instrument of my 'real' track 1, down-going the zone of my chain selectors' chain etc etc.

So, as I'm a programmer too, IF I have time for that in few next weeks, I'd like to make something like a script to make that for me.
- I would select all livesets I want to put in my Live setup for that gig.
- I would order that in a list
- The script takes all stuff, create a new liveset, put the right instruments in racks, configurating correctly the chain selectors etc

Crazy?
Probably.

So, the question is: do you have any documentation about the xml-like format of the liveset files (.als) ?

The answer could be: change your workflow.
I tried, guys. But I'm comfortable with this on.
But I'm also flexible so any ideas would be cool too, even if only about the workflows :)