All times are UTC

Post subject: Drum Racks in Live 8 - Slide to MIDI question
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:14 pm 

Hi!

At the moment, I chop up samples like this: I load an audio clip into Live, create a warp marker on the first beat and move that to the count of one. Then I choose "Slice to MIDI" & "new slice for every transient marker". If necessary, I adjust single samples directly in Simpler (mostly start & end points).

Of course the above technique works, but it seems kinda hacky. I know I could also use more warp markers and then create a new slice for every warp marker, but that way I have to correctly warp the tracks timing wise, and sometimes I find it difficult to find the correct timing (when sampling from Jazz for example) or I just don't want to warp to keep the original groove.

So what is the "best" or the most efficient way of chopping samples and assigning them to a Drum Rack?
Is it possible to export the samples assigned to the pads a single samples?

Post subject: Re: Drum Racks in Live 8 - Slide to MIDI question
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:20 pm 

I would have thought your first step should be to accurately determine the tempo of the track. Just dial Live's tempo until the grid lines up with some beats you know are on the beat. You can mark them first. If you do that you can then warp the loop properly, and also slice at 16ths if you want.