All times are UTC

Post subject: Saving Warping?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:50 pm 

Hey guys

I am trying to warp a load of tracks for APC40 Djing, i normally disable analysis file creation as it messes up my folders, however i was wondering, do i need these analysis files to be able to keep my warpings?

If so is there a way i can collate them in a specific folder? i dont like having 100 ableton analysis files among my mp3 library!

Cheers for any tips and advice to solving this!

Post subject: Re: Saving Warping?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:59 pm 

Yes, you need the asd files s they contain your warping info, be sure you click the save button in each clip after you warp them!

Sadly, no way to collect them in one location, they need to always be with the source files.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:01 pm 

Tarekith wrote:
Yes, you need the asd files s they contain your warping info, be sure you click the save button in each clip after you warp them!

Sadly, no way to collect them in one location, they need to always be with the source files.

oh god, so i an going to have to have a load of ableton analysis files mixed in with my music library? bit of a nightmare, will saving the project when the tracks are loaded into performance clips save the warping? so they are held within the same project file? or will they still loose warping next time i open it?

I could manage only using 1 ableton file to DJ and keeping all my tracks in the project if it meant not having to deal with loads of data files!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:08 pm 

You NEED the asd files to have anything warped. The project will save the warping too, but if you delete the asd files, live will just make new ones next time you open that project.

Maybe you can ask over on abletonlivedj.com, perhaps someone has a workaround with aliases or something.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:12 pm 

Tarekith wrote:
You NEED the asd files to have anything warped. The project will save the warping too, but if you delete the asd files, live will just make new ones next time you open that project.

Maybe you can ask over on abletonlivedj.com, perhaps someone has a workaround with aliases or something.

thanks ill check it out, you definatley dont NEED them as i have auto create turned off and all my projects hold their warping

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:33 pm 

I'm with Tarekith

.asd files are vital

You def do NEED them

My mp3 are in iTunes so I don't see all the asd files

I'm careful to not rename them as then you lose link with the asd file but you can change the asd name to match perfectly to avoid having to rewarp a track.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:20 am 

If you really don't want to have the ASD files hanging around, warp your track then save the result as a new track.

I DJ with hardware, but I do use warped tracks. I just warp then save, and play the files on my decks.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:13 am 

thanks guys, but is it not the case that as long as the track is kept in the project it was warped in it will hold its settings?

I never create ASD files and i can open a track i produced and the samples are still warped despite not creating ASD. so are they saves in the project and they only unwarp if i put them in a new project?

I dont use itunes i directly use the mp3 files so its super annoying having them all doubled up!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:15 am 

copy your mp3s into your ableton djing/composing area

that's what I do - then I have a clean mp3 library and my warped stuff is separate with all the .asd files

https://soundcloud.com/ian_halsall/sets/mhtrtf