9.0.3 release promised ?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
roxxx303

9.0.3 release promised ?

Post by roxxx303 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:10 am

9.0.4b1 is out now, but where is the "new" 9.0.3 stable release promised one week ago?
9.0.2. is crashing all the time on exit!
Please give as a new release!

darkenedsoul

Re: 9.0.3 release promised ?

Post by darkenedsoul » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:47 pm

You'll get a release when it has been tested enough to resolve issues. I know they promised 9.0.3 in about a week, it didn't happen. Why yours is crashing on exit? No idea because you don't post any details about your configuration (OS, Memory amount, HDD/SSD size/speed, etc). Perhaps if you post some specs of your system (desktop/laptop), any MIDI controllers/Hardware in the mix (USB, Firewire, etc...), audio interface, MIDI interface et al, someone may be able to help you out.

Complaining won't get you anywhere other than tired, frustrated, more pissed off. Quit the complaining and let the developers and beta testers do their work to get an update out. Who knows how long before an update will come out now? I have no idea, I am not in a rush for it, unlike some others.

So step back, take a deep breath....hold it! Now exhale. Post some specs of your system (preferably all above mentioned) and perhaps a screenshot of the set that is crashing so someone can look at it and maybe, just maybe, give you some info to get around these crashes. I for one haven't see Live 9.0.2 crash on exiting the application, then again, I didn't have umpteen VSTi plugins/instruments in tracks.

The more info you can post = better odds someone may have an answer.

Peace,

Mike
http://www.darkenedsoul.net - main website
Ableton Live 8.x/9.x : NI Komplete 8 : Home built 4690K 16GB 500GB SSD, 1TB 7200, 2x2TB.

Emissary

Post by Emissary » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:55 pm

darkenedsoul wrote:You'll get a release when it has been tested enough to resolve issues. I know they promised 9.0.3 in about a week, it didn't happen. Why yours is crashing on exit? No idea because you don't post any details about your configuration (OS, Memory amount, HDD/SSD size/speed, etc). Perhaps if you post some specs of your system (desktop/laptop), any MIDI controllers/Hardware in the mix (USB, Firewire, etc...), audio interface, MIDI interface et al, someone may be able to help you out.

Complaining won't get you anywhere other than tired, frustrated, more pissed off. Quit the complaining and let the developers and beta testers do their work to get an update out. Who knows how long before an update will come out now? I have no idea, I am not in a rush for it, unlike some others.
Yes how dare you want a stable program without any effort on your part, it's not like you paid for ....wait..

re:dream

Post by re:dream » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:08 pm

no but darkened soul has a point.

If 9.0.2 is crashing there must be a reason.

I am running 9.0.2 and it is quite stable (touch wood :oops: ).

So are thousands of other people as far as I can tell.

So if you genuinely want your problem solved, post the specs and it should be possible to find out what's going on.

Meanwhile, I don't want them to release 9.0.4 till it is good and ready. If it takes a couple more weeks, so be it.