Buying new pc, looking for a bit of advice

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Schmidi

Re: Buying new pc, looking for a bit of advice

Post by Schmidi » Sat May 04, 2013 2:36 pm

interestingly, 32 bit v9 was a crash fest for me. I'm now running 64 bit and the program is noticeably more responsive/quicker when working in it. It's also a LOT more stable on my system then 32 bit ever was. The trade off was no 32 bit plugs, but I will run those in Live 8

3DW

Post by 3DW » Sat May 04, 2013 5:36 pm

Schmidi wrote:interestingly, 32 bit v9 was a crash fest for me. I'm now running 64 bit and the program is noticeably more responsive/quicker when working in it. It's also a LOT more stable on my system then 32 bit ever was. The trade off was no 32 bit plugs, but I will run those in Live 8
Have you tried running with jbridge? I would like to use 64 bit when i upgrade but would want my plugins to work with it.

Donnie

Post by Donnie » Sun May 05, 2013 2:09 pm

3DW wrote:Ok ive read a bit more on the 64 bit version. Seems i got that wrong as max does run with 64 bit in Live 9 :oops:
I think i was getting mixed up with Live 8 and the fact that you need a bridge for 32 bit VST's to run in Live 9.
Yeah, they didn't really 'advertise' 64-bit Max capability once beta ended. Perhaps it was implied somewhere else but I was a little confused about that at first as well.

I run jbridge on a few plugs that I don't have 64-bit versions of and haven't had a single problem. There may be an oddball plug here or there that has issues for some people but overall its been good.

sowhoso

Post by sowhoso » Sun May 05, 2013 3:46 pm

3DW wrote:Have you tried running with jbridge? I would like to use 64 bit when i upgrade but would want my plugins to work with it.
i have been using jbridge with Live for many months and now with Live 9 64bit for the 32bit plugins. all is running well

João has been great help with the plugins i had problems with. the options in the setup are important and he'll tell you what to change/try

3DW

Post by 3DW » Thu May 09, 2013 7:26 am

thanks for all the replies guys. Very helpful.