Epic Hans Zimmer score of Zimmerian epic proportions

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
8O

Epic Hans Zimmer score of Zimmerian epic proportions

Post by 8O » Tue May 07, 2013 4:56 pm

Man Of Steel Music Preview: https://soundcloud.com/watertowermusic/ ... er/s-LYFjd

No idea whether any film can live up to such an epic theme...

beats me

Re: Epic Hans Zimmer score of Zimmerian epic proportions

Post by beats me » Tue May 07, 2013 5:28 pm

:lol: at your thread title.

I do love me some Zimmer. I wonder what he thinks of all the Zimmeresque "just hold this one note" sample libraries out there right now. I'm sure he doesn't feel threatened, but would still be curious on his feelings about it.

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Tue May 07, 2013 5:41 pm

Dayum. I was thinking it's like Zimmer doing a manual Paulstretch version of the theme. It's like Charlie Brown losing his virginity on his 80th birthday.
Kinda funny as of now the last comment is the only bad one saying it's trash :lol:
ImageImage

Bagatell

Post by Bagatell » Tue May 07, 2013 5:54 pm

shadx312 wrote:Kinda funny as of now the last comment is the only bad one saying it's trash :lol:
It's also telling that people are experiencing such deep joy after hearing only two notes. And it dosn't sound like Zebra :x

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Tue May 07, 2013 6:03 pm

Dude for all we know he could've programmed all of it in Zebra :lol:

But yes, it is telling, though, it's also telling there's more to it than just notes.
ImageImage

XSIMan

Post by XSIMan » Tue May 07, 2013 7:01 pm

Zebra was used for the last two batman films. and Zimmer used Zebra for 98% of the music in the film Inception.

A custom made Zebra was used for some of the music in The Dark Knight Rises called Zebra HZ it has DIVA's filters and a resonator and a few other things added. He may of used the version of DIVA that has a Roland JP 8000 oscillator and a Oberheim filter.

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Tue May 07, 2013 7:38 pm

shadx312 wrote:Dude for all we know Howard Scarr could've programmed all of it in Zebra :lol:
Fixed.
Unsound Designer

8O

Post by 8O » Tue May 07, 2013 7:42 pm

Was listening to it at work on reasonably good headphones... Got home and listened to it on the hi-fi... holy moly! 8O

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Tue May 07, 2013 7:53 pm

stringtapper wrote:
shadx312 wrote:Dude for all we know Howard Scarr could've programmed all of it in Zebra :lol:
Fixed.
Ohhhh yeah I forgot about him, he says he did about 250 sounds for HZebra.
ImageImage

panten

Post by panten » Wed May 08, 2013 7:53 am

I absolutely love this track, it's so immersive and a few times creeps up on you and sets the hairs on your arms standing on end.

..but it's just not memorable. I listened to it quite a few times last night and woke up this morning trying to think of it. Nothing, but for a brooding mood.

I'm all for moving on and recontextualisation of old hat but maybe this one is a little too self conscious.

Still, it's a flipping good track.

Not_Elba

Post by Not_Elba » Wed May 08, 2013 8:41 am

I like it. But I like John Williams Superman Theme better, although it wouldn`t fit because "Man of Steel" is much "darker" than the old films.
However Williams Superman theme (although it has the typical Williams touch as this one here sounds like Zimmer) still is one, if not THE, most epic film scores ever.

Schmidi

Post by Schmidi » Wed May 08, 2013 1:02 pm

If that is the new theme...I'm pretty let down. Nothing wrong with it (technically good sounding), but absolutely nothing memorable about it (which is the point of a theme!).

sporkles

Post by sporkles » Wed May 08, 2013 6:10 pm

Schmidi wrote:If that is the new theme...I'm pretty let down. Nothing wrong with it (technically good sounding), but absolutely nothing memorable about it (which is the point of a theme!).
I can't understand how anyone could possibly feel let down by anything Superman related.

This is the new Hollywood formula:

+1 Dark.

(Oh, and before some smart arse jumps in to lecture me on some Superman comic book arc that's so much darker and completely different from the films: spare me.)