Arturia Minilab

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
MC*DUB*STAR*

Re: Arturia Minilab

Post by MC*DUB*STAR* » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:57 am

just bought one am i fucked?

babkubwa

Post by babkubwa » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:18 pm

hiya,

can anybody confirm if the solution below for the minilab really works? hoping so

http://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=14834.0

I'm keen on buying one if issues are resolved by the above solution. If not - then I think I would go for an mpk mini II

Anybody have any thoughts on the comparison between them? I had an mpk mini keyboard years ago - the keys were horrid - but having so many controls in such a small space with mpk II is appealing - and at least I know its gonna map up with live nice and easy. Arturia minilab looks a much nicer size , and I've heard the pads are nice. better than the mpk?

Will hold fire on ebay till I hear a few more opinions on the two!

mbakirov

Post by mbakirov » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:34 am

any news on the subject?
thinking about buying one.

smutek

Post by smutek » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:00 am

agent0047 wrote:Time to contact Arturia support I suppose.
Dude posted this in May of 2013, he's still waiting to hear back from Arturia.

Once every 3 months he gets an automated "Your message is important to us. Click here to buy V-Collection 4, Mostly Working Edition, for only $79." email.

:x

smutek

Post by smutek » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:08 am

mbakirov wrote: thinking about buying one.
I'd suggest hitting up the Arturia support forums before pulling the trigger.

I have a BeatStep Pro, works fine and I actually really love the thing. Got the V Collection which I feel kind of "meh" about, but it was like $100 for a bunch of virtual instruments from 2006, so whatever. I really wanted to get one of the Brute's as well and was planning on making that my next purchase - but after spending some time on their forums I don't think I'll ever buy anything from them again. The stories about their support are frightening, I really feel like I dodged a bullet by getting a functioning BeatStep Pro.

As cool as my BSP is, Arturia is not a company I would spend any more money with.

doghouse

Post by doghouse » Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:54 pm

I no longer have my Minilab (bought it in late 2014, gacve it away as a Chrisrtmas gift last year) but the knobs worked fine for me both when using the VST itself and also when using as a control surface.

What does not work is the chord pads. No matter what you assign them to, when using the VST the pads always trigger a single note. They do work fine when standalone.

As long as you don't need the chord pad feature, Minilab works fine with Live 9.

GingerKanye

Post by GingerKanye » Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:54 am

I've had an arturia minilab for almost a year now, and I constantly have problems with the encoders in Ableton as well

I have the full v-collection 5, and this problem only seems to occur when running the analog lab 2 vst. I don't remember if I had the same problem in analog lab 1, I wasn't using ableton at the time. Everything involved is fully updated, I'm running windows 10 64bit.

I have the encoders set to absolute (although I've tried the various relative modes) and the values jump around erroneously. I'll turn it a bit with no change, and suddenly another millimeter sends the value up by 25%. Sometimes turning a value down has it jump up for a second. Very jittery.

Some knobs are worse than others, although that seems to only be true when a preset comes up that has one parameter mapped to two knobs.

Standalone analog lab is fine. As well, mapping the controls through ableton is fine. But I shouldn't have to do that... No other controller I own behaves this way in ableton.