Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 Problem

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
flippo2007

Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 Problem

Post by flippo2007 » Tue May 14, 2013 11:32 am

Hi!

I owned a Saffire Pro 10 for years.. But im having troubles with my recently purchased pro 40 right now...

Im using Ableton Live 9 with it... All my tracks go out from the monitor outputs 1&2 ...

My Cue/Click from Ableton is routed to channel 5 in Live as well in the saffire control program (DAW 10 --> exit 5). Everything worked so far.

Then ive got midi channel with a second click - routed to exit 3 on the interface in Ableton and the Saffire Prog as well - but somehow i cant get a signal routed out of the outputs.

What am i doing wrong? In what mode do i have to operate to get this simple task done? I dont get the difference between the Monitoring / DAW Tracking / etc... Somehow i dont get the new saffire control....

Thx a lot and all the best from vienna!

blakjesus

Re: Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 Problem

Post by blakjesus » Tue May 14, 2013 6:36 pm

Im not sure i fully understand what you're asking, but i also have a Pro 40. To get cue working on you channels 5 and 3, you need to set the Saffire Mix Control outputs to: (DAW 5 --> OUTPUT 5) and (DAW 3 --> OUTPUT 3). The "DAW" option is the actual out coming from Ableton, but the Mix Control program lets you send those to whatever output you want.

I've found a convenient way to set that up is to just make each "DAW" input correspond to each Pro 40 "OUTPUT".

Also, just in case you weren't aware, Headphone out 1 is automatically pre-mapped to OUTPUT 7-8 and Headphone 2 out to OUTPUT 9-10

Hope this helps! 8)