what is the best EDM busker amplifier

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
spiffincat

what is the best EDM busker amplifier

Post by spiffincat » Mon May 20, 2013 7:20 pm

Roland actually makes one by that name or something really close.

anyway i would be grateful for some opinions from the community on what the best lightweight powerful amp for a mobile electronic musician would be?

i live in toronto canada and after some research i went to thestore i found listed on the web as the closest place to i live that might carry the roland amp. I can't find anywhere in toronto that carries it from what i see on the we. anyone out there from toronto know who might carry this because none of the obvious music/dj stores carry it.

Is there some all in one INCLUDING the amplifier, is there a unit you can carry relatively easily for a couple of blocks or bring on the bus? I'm envisioning something that is pretty much the same size as the traditional marshal or gibson single piece amp. Roughly'3/4 feet deep, '2 tall, and '3 wide

i did a fiar bit of looking around the web for such a thing and the closest resembling what is in my mind i found in a unit called cube micro rx amplifier by roland.. i went to the 1 store listed on the web and they didn't have it in sock but ordered it. they mentioned there is another one and it has the work busker or street in it, out there but it is not as good as this one apparently.

i would very very grateful to anyone who has a thought as to practically speaking, what is the best easy to carry but very powerful unit/amplifier could be found online?

Are there other dj's like this if so what are they using?

thanks all

Theo Void

Re: what is the best EDM busker amplifier

Post by Theo Void » Mon May 20, 2013 8:42 pm

Roland cube street

misa

Post by misa » Mon May 20, 2013 9:50 pm

I would stay away from the Cube Micro RX amp, as it is designed to be a guitar amplifier. That usually means the circuit and speaker are EQ'd to work well with a guitar, and may sound a bit off with other sources. The Roland Cube Street has a Line Channel, which would indicate it is designed for the sources you would more typically use playing EDM. Nevertheless, it is only 5W total (2.5W x 2 speakers) and close to $300.

I'd would look into a boombox (used perhaps) with an AUX input.

spiffincat

Post by spiffincat » Wed May 22, 2013 1:11 am

Thanks so much for replies guys!

Ok so i'll probably be going with the the roland street, instead of the micro cube. Apparently it cuts out at high volumes.

i appreciate your advice. Any personal experiences with them where you could hear them? Would you say it produces enough volume to overpower most street noise?

by boombox do you mean '80's ghetto blasters :) neato audio interface;)

i'll look it up just in case that's not what you mean. ;)

thanks

Theo Void

Post by Theo Void » Wed May 22, 2013 1:52 am

You can try them out at guitar center

spiffincat

Post by spiffincat » Wed May 22, 2013 2:03 am

mre i think about it the more i'm liking the boombox isea. but iwamt a REALLY powerful one..propping at a good level be trick but i'ts a ghetto blaster! ther supposed to go anywhre

Scaper7

Post by Scaper7 » Wed May 22, 2013 10:45 am

`check out JVC RV-NB70.