THINKING ABOUT BUYING A ORIGINAL VERSION OF LIVE 9 ?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
stapum

THINKING ABOUT BUYING A ORIGINAL VERSION OF LIVE 9 ?

Post by stapum » Tue May 21, 2013 2:07 pm

I WAS THINKING ABOUT BUYING A ORIGINAL VERSION OF LIVE 9 BUT SOME DOUBTS CAME TO ME...How many computers can I install Live on? and i started to gather more information from ableton's website....

THIS WAS TAKEN FROM ABLETON WEBSITE!!

How many computers can I install Live on?

The Ableton Live license is for one person using one computer at a time. Because many people use a desktop computer and a laptop, you get two authorizations when you register your product. -> GREAT, THAT'S NICE!

With these authorizations you can install Live on two of your own computers (Mac, PC or both) as long as you will not be using both computers at the same time. -> WTF?? I need to use 2 synced machines at the same time!!!

If you want to run Live on several machines simultaneously, or if your personal hardware set-up includes more than two computers, we offer special pricing on additional licenses. -> WTF???? If you give 2 licenses and i have two machines why can't i just use them at the same time!!!

IS IT ME OR THIS IS COMPLETELY STUPID?!

CONCLUSION: KEEP ON USING CRACKED VERSIONS OF THE SOFTWARE!!!! THEY BOTH WORK SYNCED!!! AND YET WE CAN KEEP OUR MONEY!

-> and yet the demo version keeps crashing as well!

chapelier fou

Re: THINKING ABOUT BUYING A ORIGINAL VERSION OF LIVE 9 ?

Post by chapelier fou » Tue May 21, 2013 2:18 pm

I could write you some very useful info but i don't think i will.
DO YOU WANNA KNOW WHY ?
MacBook Pro 13" Retina i7 2.8 GHz OS 10.13, L10.0.1, M4L.
MacStudio M1Max 32Go OS 12.3.1

stapum

Post by stapum » Tue May 21, 2013 2:20 pm

No.

mdk

Post by mdk » Tue May 21, 2013 2:50 pm

stapum wrote:IS IT ME?!
yes.
Pr0k Records - Bandcamp Facebook Twitter

stapum

Post by stapum » Tue May 21, 2013 3:02 pm

actually it is your mom!... she's moaning!

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Tue May 21, 2013 3:15 pm

I believe the cracked software you're stealing caused your caps lock to malfunction.

I've noticed people who openly post about and admit to using stolen software have some type of mental or age appropriate disorder. Correlation? Maybe.

Just buy the software. If you can't afford it there are cheaper apps on the market. Logic pro is $200.
Ableton | Elektron

Music

mdk

Post by mdk » Tue May 21, 2013 3:29 pm

stapum wrote:actually it is your mom!... she's moaning!
how creative.
Pr0k Records - Bandcamp Facebook Twitter

stapum

Post by stapum » Tue May 21, 2013 3:30 pm

I want to buy the software, that's the bottom line! But i'm not buying more licenses just to sync 2 computers, this just doesn't make any sense and it's just stupid!

I don't make money from making music this is just a hobby, so if i am spending 600€ in a software that keeps crashing who is stealing who? Why would i buy 2 licences if i already have 2 licenses? This is just ableton getting advantage of people, maybe that's why hackers and crackers keep doing their job.

stapum

Post by stapum » Tue May 21, 2013 3:31 pm

mdk wrote:
stapum wrote:actually it is your mom!... she's moaning!
how creative.

Who? me or your mom?!

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Tue May 21, 2013 4:00 pm

stapum wrote:
I don't make money from making music this is just a hobby...
By this logic we should steal golf clubs, basektballs, surfboards, skateboards, work out equipment, etc...I mean, we're not making any money, it's just a hobby.
Ableton | Elektron

Music

Thirdbeat

Post by Thirdbeat » Tue May 21, 2013 4:38 pm

wow... just wow.

I know you are probably just trolling, but anyways:

First of all: You wouldn't be complaining about Live 9 if everyone just cracked it because there would not be a live 9! These dudes (and dudetts i may add) at the Ableton office keeps chugging away with their code because they get paid to do it. yes they could probably do it for free too and make Ableton an almost free product, but that would require them to do this Ableton project outside of the office-hours and i guess with many of them getting kids and wifes and..you know.. living life. They wouldn't have the time to do this. (lets not forget about expenses for location ,hardware and licences (both hardware and software) too.

Second of all: yes you do pay for ONE licence. If you want to use it on several computers at the same time, i would suggest you hook up with a friend that goes to college or something that can hook you up with a student edition of live (yes i know its frowned upon if you're not a student, but i would rather have a person buying 2 licences at a discount than none at all).

Third of all: Read a book, would you? It calms you the f** down and mabye, just mabye you would start to type like a normal person instead of a 11 year old on youtube.

Lastly: The people that crack software don't do it because they want to use the stuff. They do it because of the challenge. It makes them better coders (and safer ones too). Many of the guys that crack in their teens will grow up to be exellent programmers.

stapum

Post by stapum » Tue May 21, 2013 6:11 pm

djadonis206 wrote:
stapum wrote:
I don't make money from making music this is just a hobby...
By this logic we should steal golf clubs, basektballs, surfboards, skateboards, work out equipment, etc...I mean, we're not making any money, it's just a hobby.

Stealing! who's stealing? i am just using something i found on google! Maybe some one is stealing, i'm just using something i've found on the internet!

Jack McOck

Post by Jack McOck » Tue May 21, 2013 6:14 pm

Ableton gave me Live Suite for free. Because I'm smart and shit. Try being smart and shit and see where it gets you.

:x

stapum

Post by stapum » Tue May 21, 2013 6:17 pm

Ok i'm going to say this again because you seem not to understand, and again i am going to say it like if i was 3. "I WANT TO BUY THE SOFTWARE! OK?" i wouldn't even started this post if i wanted to keep using cracked software! can any of you wrecked ass holes understand that?!

stapum

Post by stapum » Tue May 21, 2013 6:18 pm

Jack McOck wrote:Ableton gave me Live Suite for free. Because I'm smart and shit. Try being smart and shit and see where it gets you.

:x
If you were smart you wouldn't say it because didn't need to. so...