Live 9.04

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
VokMusic

Live 9.04

Post by VokMusic » Fri May 24, 2013 9:04 am

After i upgraded i keep getting the error message

"Can't access file database: database error: Prepare statement: no such table: sqlite_stat1"

my projects wont open if i revert to a version of live9 that actually works..

Has anyone seen this error before?

VokMusic

Re: Live 9.04

Post by VokMusic » Fri May 24, 2013 9:44 am

Also why is it so hard getting customer support these days?

maky355

Post by maky355 » Fri May 24, 2013 1:16 pm

Very bad experience here. I can not load some projects. Reverting back to 9.02 and everything is fine. Terrible update! I don't get it really..Does it mean that with every new update i won't be able to open projects created in previous version?

sp1noza

Post by sp1noza » Tue May 28, 2013 6:20 am

I'm getting the same message. Please help!

[mto]

Post by [mto] » Tue May 28, 2013 1:13 pm

Hello there,

We are trying to get back to our users as soon as possible, and are very sorry to hear that you did not get a prompt reply.

If you haven't already, please make sure to attach a Status Report and the affected Live Sets (no need to include the referenced samples, the .als file will be enough) when writing at support@ableton.com and we'll be happy to get back to you about these issues.

Peace,
Marco.

sp1noza

Post by sp1noza » Tue May 28, 2013 7:44 pm

I want to close the loop here. I sent an email to ableton support and they responded and SOLVED my problem within 2-hours.

For everyone else out there has been experiencing this database error, follow these steps:

This error can be resolved by first closing Live, then deleting the files located in this folder:

Macintosh HD:/Users/[Username]/Library/Application Support/Ableton/Live x.x.x/Database

If you are using Mac OS Lion or Mountain Lion, the Users Library path is hidden. To make the Users/[Your Username]/Library visible press and hold the “option/alt” key, and you can choose “Go to Library” in the Go menu of the Finder.

Then, delete the "files.db" file there.

When you then open Live again, the error should not appear, and the Core Library will be rebuilt, filling the Browser again with content.

Willyum

Post by Willyum » Tue May 28, 2013 8:13 pm

sp1noza wrote:I want to close the loop here. I sent an email to ableton support and they responded and SOLVED my problem within 2-hours.

For everyone else out there has been experiencing this database error, follow these steps:

This error can be resolved by first closing Live, then deleting the files located in this folder:

Macintosh HD:/Users/[Username]/Library/Application Support/Ableton/Live x.x.x/Database

If you are using Mac OS Lion or Mountain Lion, the Users Library path is hidden. To make the Users/[Your Username]/Library visible press and hold the “option/alt” key, and you can choose “Go to Library” in the Go menu of the Finder.

When you then open Live again, the error should not appear, and the Core Library will be rebuilt, filling the Browser again with content.
So does this mean your entire Library will have to be rebuilt again??? There are reports on here of people waiting 14 hours with very large libraries (although most complaints have only been around 5 hours)???

tintala

Post by tintala » Tue May 28, 2013 8:51 pm

Downloaded the update, but after everyone's issues, i have yet to install 9.04, still on 9.02 and the only error I get is "Index.exe has stopped working". then Live loads....

[mto]

Post by [mto] » Wed May 29, 2013 8:05 am

@ VokMusic: Live Sets created with a recent Live 9 update should open also with any previous Live 9 version. Please send your .als projects to support@ableton.com if you have problems opening certain sets.

@Tintala: 9.0.4 should actually provide a fix for most of the known Index related issues. Upgrading is recommended, and in any case you can also keep both version installed at the same time. Again, please get in touch with support, they'll help you getting rid of the problem with the Index process crashing.

Cheers,
Marco

störgeräusche

Post by störgeräusche » Thu May 30, 2013 7:27 pm

for me live 9.0.4 resolved all the (few) problems I was experiencing (not gonna into details here in order not to hijack the thread) so don't give up!
just get in touch with support which by the way are human so the might have lunch break or just not be in the office 'til next morning, and they possibly have various tasks!
I had replies in a reasonable time frame and a professional assitence.
I know it's frustrating to update/upgrade a software and not being able to use it at 100% immediately but in life one needs patience 8)
soundcloud
website

Live Suite 9 - Komplete 9 - Waldorf Largo & Edition - Elektron Analog Rytm - Push 1&2- Launch Control & XL -
Adam P33A

Aduran

Post by Aduran » Fri May 31, 2013 5:36 pm

THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH sp1noza
This worked with Windows 7 too... but the wording is a little different... I went to: users/"your name"/app data/roaming/Ableton/live x.x.x/Database... then deleted the "files.db" and it worked! :D

infinitesinewave

Post by infinitesinewave » Fri May 31, 2013 11:34 pm

I bet everyone here is using 64 bit. Correct? I installed the 32 bit with no problems. Then I realized that since I have 16 Gigs of Ram on my new macbook pro... I downloaded 64 bit. Then I got the error. I finally found this thread... took me 20 minutes to figure out what the hell they were talking about... (I'm a pc dude... this is my first mac)

Figured it out... whew.

By the way.... I should have gone with Mac a LONG time ago. I've had this thing for 3 days and it's just superior in every way.

AudioMixer

Post by AudioMixer » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:00 am

Thanks a lot Spinoza. You probably saved me several hours on the phone with tech support. It's amazing the amount of searching I had to do to finally find this thread. Ableton really should put this solution in their FAQ since it seems like a pretty commonplace error with the 9.0.4 version.

6ix

Post by 6ix » Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:55 am

Thanks sp1noza. Worked like a charm

Lumix

Post by Lumix » Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:56 am

sp1noza wrote:I want to close the loop here. I sent an email to ableton support and they responded and SOLVED my problem within 2-hours.

just upgraded from 904_32 to 905_32 and this error showed up everytime i opened ableton and then it was everytime reloading the core library and your little tip fixed it - thank you!!! :wink:
The Davile Insaide Teh Mashihne.