MIDI out flashes in Ableton, doesn't flash on interface HELP

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
SDdj

MIDI out flashes in Ableton, doesn't flash on interface HELP

Post by SDdj » Sat May 25, 2013 10:08 pm

Does anyone know why Live's midi out flashes orange, but my MAudio Uno USB MIDI interface doesn't flash that it is receiving MIDI? This has been driving me absolutely insane and I would really appreciate an answer. The MIDI/USB cable flashes when I send midi from my Voyager to Ableton, and it records flawlessly, but it is, for some reason, incapable of sending MIDI out to my Voyager to trigger sounds. It has worked in the past, though only on a few occasions, but it doesn't work anymore and I have no clue what is wrong.
13' MBP 2.9 GHz Intel Core i7 8 GB--Moog Voyager (Cherry/Lunar)--Moogerfooger MF-104M delay--Akai APC40--Akai MPK49--Ableton Suite 9--AIAIAI TMA-1--Shure SE215

SDdj

Re: MIDI out flashes in Ableton, doesn't flash on interface HELP

Post by SDdj » Sun May 26, 2013 11:59 pm

I figured out a way to fix this if any of you are experiencing the same thing. If you go into Audio MIDI setup on your Mac (assuming you are using a Mac) and open the MIDI window, you will see all of the MIDI devices you have used with your computer. Click on your MIDI interface, in this case the MAUDIO Uno, and click rescan and then click test signal. That seems to magically fix whatever was wrong with my computer and allow for the MIDI to be sent out via the cable to my Voyager.
13' MBP 2.9 GHz Intel Core i7 8 GB--Moog Voyager (Cherry/Lunar)--Moogerfooger MF-104M delay--Akai APC40--Akai MPK49--Ableton Suite 9--AIAIAI TMA-1--Shure SE215