Akai MPK49 w Ableton - Switching between Software Instrument

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
zgriblea

Akai MPK49 w Ableton - Switching between Software Instrument

Post by zgriblea » Tue May 28, 2013 11:41 am

Hello all,

I`m asking you guys as a last resort after searching through various forums and threads (including Ableton Forum) on the above mentioned issue. Can somebody pleeeeeeease guide me into doing this? You can`t really imagine how frustrated I am about this. Here it is:

- I`m kinda new to Ableton, but I chose it because it`s the most user friendly and intuitive DAW. I have an Akai MPK49 as an USB Controller and I want to be able to quickly switch between Software Instruments while playing live. For example, If I have a Piano selected and underneath there`s a Synth, I want to switch to that Synth in a bit just by pressing a button on the Controller. All I know is that you have to map some Midi channels.

I know it`s possible because I did some research, but as I mentioned previously I`m pretty new to this and some of those posts/threads seemed like chinese language to me and...I don`t speak/read chinese.

Could somebody please guide me step by step into this? I would really appreciate this and also share it, because I couldn`t find anything related in my language (romanian)

Hope it`s not too much & thanks in advance! :roll:

boabmatic

Re: Akai MPK49 w Ableton - Switching between Software Instrument

Post by boabmatic » Tue May 28, 2013 1:37 pm

have at read at this it might work for you......

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=170964