Latency Keeps Getting Worse With Each New Track

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
MddHtt

Latency Keeps Getting Worse With Each New Track

Post by MddHtt » Wed May 29, 2013 5:42 pm

I'm currently using Ableton to produce an audiobook. I need to be able to monitor myself while I'm reading. This works fine most of the time. However right now, every time I insert an audio track my latency gets worse. For instance I record the first track and have no latency issues. My voice in my headphones pretty much lines up in real time as I'm reading. Once I finish with that I move on to the next chapter, therefore, I open up another audio track to record on. This time I have a huge delay. Which is very distracting to my performance. I solve this problem by adjusting the track delay to -1000ms, which lines up my voice to what I'm hearing in my headphones perfectly. Now I'm moving onto another chapter and I open up yet a 3rd track. Now the latency is even worse. I try the trick with the track delay as I had previously done. This time it hardly improves it. I try to to adjust my buffer size (which is 77 btw) and it makes everything all garbled. I have a fairly new Mac (as of the last year) with 8Gb of RAM. It seems that 77 has always worked for me in the past. I've even experienced this issue before. However I've usually restarted the program and the issue went away. This time that doesn't even work. There are no plugins on the new track yet. The previous 2 tracks I do have plugins on. However, they should not be affecting a completely separate track. Just to make sure of course I had disabled all plugins to see if that were the problem. It was not.

MddHtt

Re: Latency Keeps Getting Worse With Each New Track

Post by MddHtt » Wed May 29, 2013 5:51 pm

OK I may have just solved my own problem. It was weird though. I went to the search bar in the help section and typed in latency. A drop down menu came up with only one option. It said fix latency while monitoring. I pressed it thinking that it would take me to a page of options but instead it just fixed my problem. It didn't tell me how it just fixed it. Hey whatever, I guess I'm good.

MddHtt

Post by MddHtt » Thu May 30, 2013 4:39 pm

Let me rephrase, it's not a mystery....In the options menu there is a selection called reduced latency while monitoring....I just keep that selected and I'm good

Erik Mitchell

Post by Erik Mitchell » Thu May 30, 2013 5:08 pm

Gotta love when fixes are that easy hehe :D

esp81

Post by esp81 » Thu May 30, 2013 6:37 pm

Ableton has always had tons of problems with terrible latency...most audio forums are flooded with posts complaining about it.

uchconveyor

Post by uchconveyor » Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:33 am

Each and every organization as well as company is really in line with the quite simple truth Screw Conveyors that they're just about all determined by the actual overall performance of the product sales with regard to achievement. For this reason product sales tend to be the most crucial field in a organization. Because product sales are extremely essential Tapered Rollers, consequently, it's completely apparent how the product sales work would be the the majority of profitable how the organization provides. Product sales work within basic level are incredibly handy for most people simply because they don't rely on the actual academic skills however about the overall performance, away voiced capabilities and also the persuading energy how the individual offers to create a Skate Wheel purchase feasible.

re:dream

Post by re:dream » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:32 am

well, there you have it

Bagatell

Post by Bagatell » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:38 am

esp81 wrote:Ableton has always had tons of problems with terrible latency...most audio forums are flooded with posts complaining about it.
The OP solved his problem. So how does your post help anyone?

re:dream

Post by re:dream » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:22 am

More seriously, it sounds like a buffer size issue. I am no expert on latency, but Live should not be giving you those problems if used properly.