ableton live 9 with yamaha mox ???

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
micksmuse

ableton live 9 with yamaha mox ???

Post by micksmuse » Thu May 30, 2013 2:03 am

am contemplating buying a yamaha mox6 and want to know if anyone is using one with ableton and using usb interface to record audio direct to audio track and midi to midi track to avoid cpu overload. currently use saphire interface for vocals & guitars & using live suite for most sounds but want to lighten the cpu load by recording a bunch of the mox's sounds/voices on tracks and not using total plug in sounds.
have read some forum posts that controlling ableton with the mox was iffy. any experience would help. thanks. mick

leida

Re: ableton live 9 with yamaha mox ???

Post by leida » Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:44 am

Hye
You have to use the mackie control classic on port2, and it works.
I mean transport control work, but that's all.
Unfortunately, all the track control and assignable switch don't work...
It would be great if they could activate/desactivate some Live options, like switching between clip/devide mode...

micksmuse

Post by micksmuse » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:14 pm

thanks for the reply. gave up on that one and bought a korg kronos which i love but sadly controls don't work on that either due to windows 8 driver problems. good luck with your projects. mick

Ajbbklyn

Post by Ajbbklyn » Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:19 pm

Assuming you're using the 64-bit version of Live. Have you tried using the Kronos with the 32-bit version of Live? The driver problems might not reside with Windows 8. It could be that the KORG USB-MIDI driver will be less finicky with a 32-bit DAW.
Andy Baum
(nicht der österreichische Musiker)
http://andy-baum.com

micksmuse

Post by micksmuse » Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:44 pm

actually using ableton 32-bit cause i anticipated problems like that when i purchased it. i have been back and forth with korg on the issue and it is not just with korg. i have a novation launchkey 49 that has the same issue with transports and ableton. and have been back and forth with tech guys at novation (who are more than helpful) but sadly it is an issue with windows 8 drivers and since launchkey doesn't have it's own drivers.......
korg claims the fix is coming but that was 5 months ago and still no fix.

Ajbbklyn

Post by Ajbbklyn » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:13 pm

Well, seeing that Kronos/Kronos X is their flagship workstation it would be in KORG's best interest to keep their driver development up to date. Hope they get the fix out sooner than later.
Andy Baum
(nicht der österreichische Musiker)
http://andy-baum.com