Uncertainty Principle of Ableton and MicroKorg

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
miekwave

Uncertainty Principle of Ableton and MicroKorg

Post by miekwave » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:54 pm

I am programming my own "Analog" patches to duplicate some of my MicroKorg Sound presets.

Using microKORG sound editor (should) make this a painless task since I can see all parameters and proportionally scale MicroKorg parameters with Analog Parameters/Effects accordingly the save.

Sounds easy right? I should have known better, it's too good to be true. I totally forgot about my theory which I would like to call the MiekWave Uncertainty Principle of Ableton and MicroKorg:
1) You can know, edit, test MicroKorg settings in a Editor/DAW environment by itself as long as Ableton is not Running and 2) You can run Ableton and have it playback MicroKorg sounds, but not know MicroKorg parameter settings.

I get the following error when trying to open my MicroKorg presets and attempt to scale parameter values to Ableton "Analog" instrument.

"ERROR: Can't Recieve MIDI Message from the Device {MicroKORG}""

:(

Someone please prove my theory wrong!
Check out some of my soundtracks. Also Ableton Live Performance video.

ImageImage

theophilus

Re: Uncertainty Principle of Ableton and MicroKorg

Post by theophilus » Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:01 pm

they're both trying to open the same midi port; midi ports are exclusive so they can't both own the port.

you can use something like loopbe or midiyoke though, i think, to accomplish this.