Livecontrol 2

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Dan Dare

Re: Livecontrol 2

Post by Dan Dare » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:56 am

Hi guys,

Just been messing about with LiveControl 2, I have been trying to get the names of my drum rack cells to appear in the sequencer page, I'm assuming it doesn't work like that. It just gives the names of the midi piano note, but would be helpful if names of cells were displayed for programming. Any of you more experienced users know if I'm missing something here?

Cheers!!

ST8

Post by ST8 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:35 am

Dan Dare wrote:Hi guys,

Just been messing about with LiveControl 2, I have been trying to get the names of my drum rack cells to appear in the sequencer page, I'm assuming it doesn't work like that. It just gives the names of the midi piano note, but would be helpful if names of cells were displayed for programming. Any of you more experienced users know if I'm missing something here?

Cheers!!
Not possible im afraid, drum sample names are not exposed to the LiveAPI

drez

Post by drez » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:19 pm

ST8 wrote:
Dan Dare wrote:Hi guys,

Cheers!!
Not possible im afraid, drum sample names are not exposed to the LiveAPI
DRAT!
http://www.soundcloud.com/dreznicek
MacBook M1 Pro Max, 64Gig RAM, 4TB internal SSD, Live 11, Push1/2/3, Reason, VST O'Plenty

Captain Johnson

Post by Captain Johnson » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:06 am

Not very next gen in that sense, why can't there be a work around for it!! :|

wildcon

Post by wildcon » Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:23 pm

Hi there,

Okay, I'm not that techy, so sorry if this seems obvious.

This looks like a godsend for me, but I don't want to be buggering around with wi-fi.

Obviously the iControl+ seems to work as a link, but it's a bit cumbersome and expensive.

I can get the iRigmidi and the Line 6 midi from the Apple store, so was looking to one of these.

However, just checking the website, I can't see how this works (other than for attaching keyboards and other midi devices).
Does the usb 'input' to the iRig midi act as an 'output' to my mac (and live) from the ipad and Lemur?

Any help appreciated

Cheers
MacBook Pro, Mojave, Live 10, Logic Pro X, UAD Apollo & Satellites, UAD, NI Komplete, Izotope, Korg, Audio Damage, Fabfilter, Waves plugs.

fishmonkey

Post by fishmonkey » Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:46 pm

wildcon wrote: Obviously the iControl+ seems to work as a link, but it's a bit cumbersome and expensive.

I can get the iRigmidi and the Line 6 midi from the Apple store, so was looking to one of these.

However, just checking the website, I can't see how this works (other than for attaching keyboards and other midi devices).
Does the usb 'input' to the iRig midi act as an 'output' to my mac (and live) from the ipad and Lemur?
neither the iRig MIDI nor the Line 6 MIDI Mobilizer will act as a MIDI interface to a computer via USB. you computer would need a MIDI interface as well.

the iConnectMIDI2+ doesn't cost much more, and it will connect your iOS device to your computer (plus a whole lot of other features). the other advantage is that you don't have to have the unit hanging off your iPad.

Zubben

Post by Zubben » Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:46 pm

Great work ST8, been playing with this a bit just to start getting used to it and see if I can implement it on my live set mainly for the clip launcher.

I noticed a bug or maybe it is due to my adhoc, but if I have a few clips launched and press stop all, some of them still stay blinking like they are still playing (even though they aren't), scrolling up or down solves the issue (I guess it just refreshes again).

wildcon

Post by wildcon » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:18 pm

neither the iRig MIDI nor the Line 6 MIDI Mobilizer will act as a MIDI interface to a computer via USB. you computer would need a MIDI interface as well.

the iConnectMIDI2+ doesn't cost much more, and it will connect your iOS device to your computer (plus a whole lot of other features). the other advantage is that you don't have to have the unit hanging off your iPad.
Great. Thanks for the info :)

I actually have a midi interface I used to use for my Faderfoxes, so may go that route. Will check out the iConnectMIDi2 as well.

Cheers
MacBook Pro, Mojave, Live 10, Logic Pro X, UAD Apollo & Satellites, UAD, NI Komplete, Izotope, Korg, Audio Damage, Fabfilter, Waves plugs.

wildcon

Post by wildcon » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:51 pm

Hi,

I'm just looking to set up the wi fi until I can get a midi input.

How do you get the Lemur Daemon installed?

I can't seem to find an answer on the Liine site!

I have the Livecontrol2 file in my live folder and have installed the Lemur Editor.

Thanks

The Northern Contingent

Post by The Northern Contingent » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:58 pm

LiveControl 2 is a template that needs installing on your iPad through the Lemur Editor. You can download the editor and daemon through the link below...

http://liine.net/en/support/lemur

The daemon is bundled in with the editor installer. Once you have the editor open and the Lemur app running on your iPad, check the daemon has picked up the iPad by clicking on its symbol. I tend to use an adhoc network rather than WiFi, but I think that's because my WiFi router is crap.

Once the daemon has picked up your iPad, click the 'Sync' button in the Lemur Editor. This will send your template to the iPad. Set up the relevant MIDI port in Ableton and you should be good to go.

Hope that helps.

wildcon

Post by wildcon » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:48 pm

Hi There,

Thank for the advice :)

All up and running and pretty awesome :)

I can't seem to get the sequencer to work though which is a drag, and can't find how to access the velocity.

Also the focus doesn't seem to work. i.e. if I select a track in Lemur Live doesn't focus / move to that track.

Probably all driver error :?

h3rtz

Post by h3rtz » Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:57 am

i got Lemur a while ago because it seemed to be the only midi control app that offered wired midi connection at that time. i think it still is though. my laptop cant handle wifi card switched on plus live running. i get terrible audio drop outs.

so i got a 1st gen line6 midi mobilizer and an app called midi bridge for ipad (2nd gen doesnt need additional app i believe). then the whole thing goes into midi in/out of my midi keyboard which is usb connected to my laptop et voila, gets recognized and works like a charm.

many hardware controllers and audio interfaces feature 5-pin midi in/out so acquiring something like iconnect may be unnecessary for most people. in that case iRig or midi mobilizer or anything similar does the job for little money and without the hassles of a wifi connection.

hope this is helpful for someone.

Captain Johnson

Post by Captain Johnson » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:32 am

Anyone tell me if you can lock effects macros before I go splashing out?? :mrgreen:

mr.ergonomics

Post by mr.ergonomics » Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:42 pm

does anyone have experience if it work ok on an ipad1?

Gg wheeler

Post by Gg wheeler » Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:36 am

"Anyone tell me if you can lock effects macros before I go splashing out?? "

Yes