Livecontrol 2

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
rbro

Re: Livecontrol 2

Post by rbro » Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:24 pm

The Northern Contingent wrote:At the moment, a comparison between TouchAble and LC2 wouldn't show the 'real' differences between the two templates. Firstly, TouchAble has had some of its functionality broken in the update to Ableton 9 (like the native EQ8 template for example), and secondly, the TouchAble developers are in the middle of coding TouchAble 2 which has a load of extra features promised (and I believe is coming as an update for current owners). Once TouchAble 2 is released, a more reliable comparison will be possible. The only problem is that no-one knows when TouchAble 2 is going to be released at the present time.
Thanks. Maybe I'll wait a bit and see what Touchable 2 brings to the table first.

aioffermann

Post by aioffermann » Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:31 pm

Is the iPad too small to really use the sequencer well?

Guillermo Barrancos

Post by Guillermo Barrancos » Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:55 pm

aioffermann wrote:Is the iPad too small to really use the sequencer well?
Nope. Not at all.

Broomptish

Post by Broomptish » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:45 am

I cant see the clips in livecontrol, I have reinstalled the template as I had the same problem when it first came out and ive been on holiday, the scale thing works but thats about it, also say I press the play button on launch screen it triggers the playpage/scale bit. Been looking and cant see anyone with the same problem, any ideas anyone?? Ill contact support if I cant get any answers, help would be great thanks.

channelite

Post by channelite » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:25 am

Anymore comments about which is better? I like that live control can be connected via a wired connection. I'm using windows 7 and tried touch osc since it was 4.99 and was supposed to work with motu's cue mix fx. The wireless control was always dropping out. I gave up trying to get to work.

robleighton22

Post by robleighton22 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:45 pm

a bit of an old post this - but having problems getting the max device to recognise my juno. Have the max device sitting next to an external instrument hooked up to the juno. the juno is playing sounds find is set to midi channel 1 via the juno itself. i have opened the 'junorouter.maxpat' and have set it to my motut828 midi channel which is where the juno is hooked up to. however, if i move the sliders on the max device no joy :( . any idea what steps i may have missed?

i have touchable perfectly mapping the juno max device - and my keyboard is a little further away in my new room. using touchable with the Juno106Control max device will be a god send for me. any help is much appreciated. cheers.

ezelkow1

Post by ezelkow1 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:08 pm

so lemur is on sale for 25$. Now that touchable 2 is out anyone have any comparison? Just got an ipad mini and trying to choose between the 2

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:53 pm

I was JUST looking into this all myself.

I discovered two things for my own scenario:
1. I don't have an iPad. I was hoping they had an iphone version of this template? I guess I'm not buying Lemur :P
2. In looking at forums and comments about this template, people were saying it was not working in Live 9.1 ...so now I'm definitely passing on purchasing Lemur.

2 1/2. I originally had Liine's other Ableton Live control apps. They Completely dropped support, and had little to no feedback to users on their plans. I'm also seeing this drop happening on this template.

So, with all these against my experiences with Liine (believe me, I tend to give the benefit of the doubt!) I am pretty much over any yearning to acquire Lemur (unless I can get it for free haha)

Tomsk

Post by Tomsk » Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:55 am

ezelkow1 wrote:so lemur is on sale for 25$. Now that touchable 2 is out anyone have any comparison? Just got an ipad mini and trying to choose between the 2
If you're only going to use the ipad with ableton, touchable 2 is much better than lemur livecontrol 2. Way better. IMHO.

I'm not a fan of the lemur template, although technically impressive, I don't find it's usability good at all.

I have all the usual suspects on the ipad and I bought touchable last. I wish I'd bought it first, would have saved me a lot of money.

ezelkow1

Post by ezelkow1 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:05 pm

Thanks for the opinions, guess Ill wait it out for a touchable sale (or give in). As much as Id like to think Id use lemur for other things I just dont see it happening

borg

Post by borg » Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:06 am

Tomsk wrote:I have all the usual suspects on the ipad and I bought touchable last. I wish I'd bought it first, would have saved me a lot of money.
exactly my sentiments/experience...

even stronger: I first worked with Shove, another (user) lemur project emulating Push (and better than livecontrol imho), then bought Push, because 'turning knobs' on a glass plate just doesn't work, but had already gotten completely hooked on the workflow. Then I bought touchable to complement Push.
But, with a bit of effort, I maybe wouldn't have needed Push, as I already had a BCR, and while playing touchable (selecting devices), I magically noticed the BCR led rings change.
so, if you select the BCR and touchable as a control surface in Live, you get pretty close to Push, and even does better in some regards...

oh, this was a livecontrol thread? sorry, never got it to work 100% reliably, shove was better... it was a revolution for me at first, but it has been surpassed.
andy
2015 MBP, OSX 10.12, Live 10.1 64bit, RME Fireface 800

ikeaboy

Post by ikeaboy » Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:43 pm

robleighton22 wrote:a bit of an old post this - but having problems getting the max device to recognise my juno. Have the max device sitting next to an external instrument hooked up to the juno. the juno is playing sounds find is set to midi channel 1 via the juno itself. i have opened the 'junorouter.maxpat' and have set it to my motut828 midi channel which is where the juno is hooked up to. however, if i move the sliders on the max device no joy :( . any idea what steps i may have missed?

i have touchable perfectly mapping the juno max device - and my keyboard is a little further away in my new room. using touchable with the Juno106Control max device will be a god send for me. any help is much appreciated. cheers.
Can you get JunoControl working without using Livecontrol?

fiz

Post by fiz » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:34 am

Spent the weekend buying & trying Touchable v2, LiveControl2, and LiveControl via TouchOsc. (Jailbroken iPad 1 via tethered Bluetooth - highly stable connection overall. Live 9.1)

Touchable v2 will be definitely my go-to controller for Live. With a little practice it becomes second nature. (It's not yet supporting iControlMidi, but that's in the pipe.) It's deep enough that I can create sets and compose without touching my laptop much.

LiveControl2 via Lemur - can't connect to Live 9.1, including via tethered WiFi. Can get a partial connection, but the clips never show up. This is echoed on Liine's user forum and here. But $25 is a lot less than $50, and for that I picked a custom Micron/MiniAk layout that kicks ass over anything else I've seen out there, so I'm good just for that. Having Lemur in my back pocket is not a bad thing.

LiveControl via TouchOsc - 1/5th the price of either of the above, and almost as much fun. Not all the functionality (not even quite), but the LC layout is rock solid and a pleasure to navigate, esp. for live playing. Excellent compliment to TouchAble v2. And...having TouchOsc in my back pocket is not such a bad thing either.

If I could do it again...I'd get 'em all over again. (Lots to learn just on the connection side. Jailbreaking to use MyWi for a tethered BlueTooth connection was a godsend - as WiFi makes my balls ache.) iConnectMidi *might* solve my LC2 connection issues...and is a no-brainer anyhow.