Top 5 things I will regret after going from Live8 to Live9

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Mirthan

Re: Top 5 things I will regret after going from Live8 to Live9

Post by Mirthan » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:57 pm

stringtapper wrote: Try the Monolake font in Live 9. It's closer to the classic Live skin.
I've tried it,but it's way too dark for me. I've been using the Calcium. But thanks for the suggestion. :)
(Pm me if you need something. Always down to help.)

My social things:
https://soundcloud.com/mirthan
https://twitter.com/iamMirthan

El Epho

Post by El Epho » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:35 pm

I've only been using Live for about a month. Been a Cakewalk loyal since 1989. Started with Live Lite 8, moved on the Live 9, trying to upgrade my computer to get the damned thing in use!

I don't know what Live 9 "isn't" (it "isn't a DAW", etc ..). But I have my own opinion about what it "is".

To me Live is an instrument. A very capable instrument ... like a freak-of-a-Rhino-Balls-huge-fekking synth ... that type of instrument. Looking at it as such, I find little to complain about. It isn't perfect, but I've found nothing in the entire known universe that is perfect other than change. Change is the only thing that is perfect. Anyhow, I have found Live to be an all new way of thinking for me. Using audio and manipulating audio to create sound rather than using control voltages to control voltages that create sound. Tweaking audio to create sounds instead of tweaking voltages on machines to create sounds. I have not been so excited about making music since the late 1970s. I find Live to be this incredible synthesizer. However, oddly enough, I'll keep a computer set up with SONAR PE 6.2 for creating finished productions. I feel that one is a hammer, the other is a saw, both used for two very different things, but used together they can build an entire house.

One thing I might put to the participants of this particular thread ..... will all of the wishful thinking and lamenting about what Live should be .. will it do any good? Is Ableton even listening or taking note of anything anyone is saying here?

Just curious.
carpe diem bitches, die falling forward!

Blendton

Post by Blendton » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:45 pm

e
Mirthan wrote:I don't regret anything about changing to Live 9. It's absolutely amazing.

Only thing I would say though,is why don't I have that sweet default skin from 8 anymore? The one that everyone uses. I've seen people use it on Mac,but not on Windows,and that's my case..

P.s.:first time I'm on this forum,excited to expand my knowlegde with you guys! :D
Default 8 is my 2nd listed skin. Identical to the original one.

If the signature abaove does not matvh your setup meaning no occurrence of a Live 8 installed even to the Library 8 being not imported in your Live 9

>>> how about your first contact with Windows skinned like others (indeed if I was on Mac I would do Ableton on bootcamp if possible and reliable / if not, I read so manu MacOS related stuffI forgot zbout Live @ MacOs bering an optio loooooong ago ...

Logic is a loss, >I'll survive, it's my least coherent or will be some "no other solution to avoid doomsday" choice from my own path and music making learning, anyway I don't care about so much I wonder why I wrote that lol >>> don't erase it for un @ me purposs <entertainment only thanks>
Antoine, aka Blendton.

Ableton Live 9 Suite (64-bit) & Ableton Suite 8 + Max for Live (32-bit)
Toshiba Qosmio F750 + lenticular glasses-free 3D
i7 2670QM 2,20GHz - 2x4GB DDR3-1333 - 5400rpm HDD

Mirthan

Post by Mirthan » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:59 pm

Blendton wrote: Default 8 is my 2nd listed skin. Identical to the original one.

If the signature abaove does not matvh your setup meaning no occurrence of a Live 8 installed even to the Library 8 being not imported in your Live 9
Oh,so that's the problem. I don't have Live 8 installed anymore,that's why I don't have the skin.

Thanks for the help Blendton!
(Pm me if you need something. Always down to help.)

My social things:
https://soundcloud.com/mirthan
https://twitter.com/iamMirthan

Blendton

Post by Blendton » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:20 pm

You're welcome
Antoine, aka Blendton.

Ableton Live 9 Suite (64-bit) & Ableton Suite 8 + Max for Live (32-bit)
Toshiba Qosmio F750 + lenticular glasses-free 3D
i7 2670QM 2,20GHz - 2x4GB DDR3-1333 - 5400rpm HDD

Forge.

Post by Forge. » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:01 am

stringtapper wrote:On topic spambots?

8O
might be these guys: http://worldtruth.tv/cia-admits-full-mo ... -networks/