Anyone else feeling embarrassed to be on this forum lately?

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
Ryder17
Posts: 185
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:53 pm

Anyone else feeling embarrassed to be on this forum lately?

Post by Ryder17 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:03 pm

I mean, have you seen some of the posts lately (without naming names). I would have thought the live user base would be a little more grown up, it's like a forum full of teenagers!

login
Posts: 1818
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:41 am

Re: Anyone else feeling embarrassed to be on this forum lately?

Post by login » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:48 pm

MM, have you consider not to visit this forum if you feel bad about it?

Donnie
Posts: 810
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:16 pm
Location: Chicago Suburbs
Contact:

Re: Anyone else feeling embarrassed to be on this forum lately?

Post by Donnie » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:50 pm

Welcome to the internet?

Moosebear
Posts: 80
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:46 pm

Re: Anyone else feeling embarrassed to be on this forum lately?

Post by Moosebear » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:10 pm

Isn't this joint moderated? All un-moderated forums descend into madness, it takes some work to block out the idiots, unfortunately. And blocked out they should be, please moderator. This is a useful forum, don't let it go to ruin!

Bagatell
Posts: 620
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: Sierra Nevada, Spain

Re: Anyone else feeling embarrassed to be on this forum lately?

Post by Bagatell » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:23 pm

Ryder17 wrote:(without naming names)

Call 'em out. Threads like this won't help.

SuburbanThug
Posts: 1479
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:22 am
Contact:

Re: Anyone else feeling embarrassed to be on this forum lately?

Post by SuburbanThug » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:52 pm

The fact that this place remains fairly unmoderated is testament to it's validity. Please PM me when you find a place on the internet that is mature so that I can destroy it with my childish ways.

eddiex
Posts: 1782
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:51 am
Location: portland oregon

Re: Anyone else feeling embarrassed to be on this forum lately?

Post by eddiex » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:56 pm

"Image"
said ronRYDER (aka cperezzz) once.
cloud>https://soundcloud.com/eddiexdarko
i love you,please don't die.

H20nly
Posts: 15844
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:15 pm
Location: The Wild West

Re: Anyone else feeling embarrassed to be on this forum lately?

Post by H20nly » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:22 am

Ryder17 is probably ceperezzz new nick. you could tell he wanted to blow up the last one. he was trying too hard. probably was already logged in with the "new" one while the last one was being nuked.

eyeknow
Posts: 5822
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2005 6:16 am

Re: Anyone else feeling embarrassed to be on this forum lately?

Post by eyeknow » Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:38 am

Well, being an old fart (wait, is fart too harsh?) I don't relate to all the whippersnappers that are not policed by mom! But hey, my muthafunkin' opinion is my muthafunkin' opinion.........wait.......where was I? Oh yeah, the internet. You kids get off my lawn! :)

Blendton
Posts: 237
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:29 pm
Location: France

Re: Anyone else feeling embarrassed to be on this forum lately?

Post by Blendton » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:27 am

SuburbanThug wrote:The fact that this place remains fairly unmoderated is testament to it's validity. Please PM me when you find a place on the internet that is mature so that I can destroy it with my childish ways.
Hey,

Just think about how and why eventually not yet ... You say you +/- understand WTF I'm turning around without any clue of what it is...

When I just say to even a moron that WE, are cathedrals buyers, before yes sorry, WE are hunters by nature, crap excuse me we stopped to concern about evolution and being builders for decades with total blindness about what we were, we have built, then destroyed, then being constantly better with time (health, abilities in intellect/abstract/even some last ones were on the "outside of earth" topic

>>> I used to be one of that guy you don't read. The guy who asks WTF how to find a sample, who lame without giving tech and specs to allow helpers to recreate a case, for ...

It's a stagnation and in fact if I must be more than 100% objective, Hobbes said sheeps fear the land behind the fence but knows he can go through or jump/step far behind his virtual jail, unfortunately Hobbes and almost every philosopher/metaphysics shoving guy ; whether it is Marx or Machiavel >>>>>> the stgnation stuff, being sure happiness is in foot/TV/buying/working/believing/ average person, although he/she can and surprises rarely with smart "flash lasting" moment of return to our initial nature : hunters, sheeps & didacts/commanders, SHAME...

I often say BUYERS are like our nemesis, here, they bought and never were musicians, I and every smart guy who shares well with me always do his own turn-arounds if a bug or weirdo happens, so I/they/(you ?) are helpers waiting for "Q", we want the "SOLVED" recarding end of a topic,

But indeed, because our complex and exciting passion/job/whatever has come to a certain age now... And that state of stagnation in a consumerism way of life affecting the US, UK/EU/Eurasia, in fact developed nations with guys like u ; we are SO different for me and "you", who despite my bad english can catch the topic I'm +/- launching, no sorrry that topic was born before me :

I can't and won't know how and WHY a "where my samples" or "32-64 bit asking" I like also "what arpeggio/arpegiattor stinks" >>> bullshit.

Working on synthezize a multi-chord Alto Viola with control-able way for the "where it comes from" factor, starting from SILENCE, with garnular/physical and FM/sub then additive trick, to create THAT sound, which when a trainer listens asks where I/we found time to catch a viola, then saying he listened to a fake, real, fake and real sound,

Enough. We could like @ Xfer community enjoy working on performing with just a strictly light and custom Live 9 + Max 6 and what gear let's say a keyboard an iPad + a monome or WTF able to allow using molar (not dead, no no no ^^), having built template, scripts, synths and doing not only a performance but playing from scratch on a Lemur (by liine) running on the cheapest iPad 2 wifi 16gb ...

OK sorry I'm painful to read and to catch the one or two line(s) to be finally clear so...


Just go watching some Steve's performing live, often bad pic/sound quality whether youtube DM vimeo for Duda, since he likes but I just "guess" lol :

composing or playing + seq from silence existing "beatported" hits or improvisation only having a screen with everything coming from it, the hosts & "audio rendering/mixing/samples/NO samples but a full handmade patch of patches and all the control + what the sound listened is + what I/we touch but made also from scratch (the template)

>>> that stuff is being a person, a musician, who wants to perform his brain live.

We could be such a powerful and "no Joel, you press play/next @ live because you just predicted it years ago, youtube videos of you speaking about your debuts, actual and visions but already plenty of regrets because you can't stop the viral shit about you that eventually becomes "charts stuff", the more shitty your tracj is the more enjoyed and $$$ it has to be, say "Ghost & Stuff", just pick up one, while you continue to put genious in your albums but release some gems alone because... Music only speaking it's too good to sell, people like "Black eyed shitty electro vocoded NO THEY DO RAP/DANCEFLOOR SORRY (for those who are confused between notions, "music" is not "performing" not "doing sound" and lights/show related work outside of synth live on a lemur template You created to control sounds YOU made entirely or made the synth (ie Kasio by Larkin but Duda is far above that)

So this forum ? WTF is the point you want to put in such a buyer's and not a "john doe" like moron, since despite you just buying and trying to use a usine soft, you are and always be a wanna be :

Make you sick, work on finding "performances" by duda alone, often from a phone or similar > if bad quality do some efforts to see how wrong stagnation by consumerism lurred you all :

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> confusing knowledge and thinking/believing/eared some X who said Y then you see and memorize like if you had a bit of FACT at hand ... <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

It's light and fun here.

Not fun at all on some already mentionned "forum" (should find another word for distinction purpose) where you share with musicians able to music with their musical control, synthesis/tricks & tips/, coding for braves (just catch and start from patching your own with made from Max objects & scripts until you ...

Just go find and watch a musician doing playing sequencing synthesizing mixing and never do "show-yeahhhh put your WTF up" stuff since this music maker is sweating so much by doing ALL with HIS tools HIS sound and even releases being just "redone" if he slows, there's just silence to wait for and I foresee buyers who will see a DJM-800K and say "DJing" while they watch a guy making the set from a single screen, except yeahhhhh, no warrior-god of war man this musician, a 850k has encoders easy to link to a preset HE made in HIS effect hosted on Live 8, or 9, why not Cubase, didn't see Pro-tools yet despite he started by being tech-support lead at Digidesign until late 90's


...

Not the same topic at all. If not happy with here being not music speaking and thinking it to be obvious ; too much sheeps and minds in the same "fence surrounded" flat land : so close to being eligible to the "mediocre people wanting to some day be musician but sure that they are smart since so many years, they can't find other discussion but what's recurring BTW, browsing, indexing, look, lag, latency,n Win or mac, cpu loads blaaaah, dudes, here it's just like the most stupid and stinking metling pot of everything able to post,

Final fucking "enough now" words :

WANT TO BE MUSICIAN ? First : create enough to not knowing the storage you filled with.

Learn, when learned, try again. No last step.

Go see what you'll never be the funny thing being you have the gear to do the stuff but when people have issues with scale and / or wondering how to synch two scenes with one 4:4 and other 5:3 now knowing warp was not mandatory REX exists to never talk about ... Like if I asked you how I adjust dosing /handling stuff in my job, that's what population makes me imagine in fact, I won't spell or try to find adjectives to "name" a microcosm.ableton.com populated by fake or "CPU handling off topic not music just computing basics go @ intel forum even if it's not better at least you'll be at the right place..."

And to specific "WTF Blendton's try to" reacting people : huh, you just had some sort of a eye movemùent ?

Then go learn about music basical needs @ Wiki style but locked and checked lessons before even opening Suite 9 or worse Max 6 help, even the MIDI part since a few here know what's midi, osc, pd, why ethernet may be today (versus thunderbolt I just don't know so "IMHO" right and unsure to be I like doubts and knowing truth is not exclusive in its concept : two opponent statements can be true with a 1/1 perfect "truth" ratio, while being condradicting each other in some way, I've french stuff for demonstrations but no one will if any one still reads this end, what I was saying here.

So go watch duda and don't just take easy ones, shoving is mandatory since he's 1/ discreet BUT proficient & 2/ the lesser it has views, the better what I meant is WTF in fact nor far from truth : and yes, almost every vid shows an Abe running. It has to. interfacing or WTF you won't understand since it's doing the work "without hands" under Max or molar or <jerking_off=var>

"IMHO" I just remember the musician, the creator, the entertainer at the cost of his sweat, all is done live.

As today I didn't notice a neg commentabout Live or Live 9 as I think about it, just said that like I could say...


Distracting place here. Good sandbox. No topic as it's meant to be, like point A then share share woork play music then shit reshare and >>> point B, finish line.

Warm regards. Never forget I never allow judging anyone or anything.

Would like some for their "déclic" in french, realizing they just do not music but like me now, a key typing sound. I apologize for being like you,

it's not moderating needing, nor music and how to make it more critical, BTW ...

Regards Return ep Two and the last for a while since being unreadable just to be smart enough to not say :

GO THE HELL AWAY FROM HERE IF UNABLE TO HAVE VISIONS LIKE AFTER DJs AFTER EDMs AFTER THE ALREADY MADE

GO SEE DUDA OR MANY USTREAM Sci-Fi BUT REAL WITH TRACKS FROM THEM ON AN ALBUM, I MEAN SIMPLE YOUTUBINGA PILE OF DEADMAU5 USTREAMING AND SURPRISE ; DOING SUPERLIMINAL LIVE AT "BEDROOMSTUDIO" ALMOST IN ONE SHOT FROM SILENCE TO MASTERING IT, like or not not relevant it's music made from thoughts to become sound with thinking made meands to sound this sounding brain !




And when everyone here will be musicians, drummer or "1-2 centuries in advance from us/you 'cause his work being too complex & tech ... no, just music, Max is hard until you wanna make music with it, not complicated, yes ?

Kisses to braves and good sounding ones, I gotta do throutine before not coming back for a while since that "you ear fake, made, by just me, fake faling even not real "preset" of an already synthesized "other sound gear preset doing the same by "gear" "server room sized" mudular places (I mean mod/analog/patching walls way in general)

Oh yeah if or when able to, go deep into Analog and Operator > v8.5 potential and how monsters they are...

Bye, have a good day
Antoine, aka Blendton.

OS : Windows 8 Professional with Media Center - x64
Ableton Live 9 Suite (64-bit) & Ableton Suite 8 + Max for Live (32-bit)
Toshiba Qosmio F750 + lenticular glasses-free 3D
i7 2670QM 2,20GHz - 2x4GB DDR3-1333 - 5400rpm HDD

fishmonkey
Posts: 4119
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:50 am

Re: Anyone else feeling embarrassed to be on this forum lately?

Post by fishmonkey » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:26 am

win

Blendton
Posts: 237
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:29 pm
Location: France

Re: Anyone else feeling embarrassed to be on this forum lately?

Post by Blendton » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:12 am

fishmonkey wrote:win
Win+1 risk :

fish & monkey were enough to ... sorry no waste.

BTW checking your posts, no music, only CPU and how-to try to try to try trying being ... below the "computer user" level

go blog some void if you agree ,

Kindly
Antoine, aka Blendton.

OS : Windows 8 Professional with Media Center - x64
Ableton Live 9 Suite (64-bit) & Ableton Suite 8 + Max for Live (32-bit)
Toshiba Qosmio F750 + lenticular glasses-free 3D
i7 2670QM 2,20GHz - 2x4GB DDR3-1333 - 5400rpm HDD

SuburbanThug
Posts: 1479
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:22 am
Contact:

Re: Anyone else feeling embarrassed to be on this forum lately?

Post by SuburbanThug » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:23 am

I've gotten the impression that sound design questions aren't very well received here. I think it may be better on KVR but honestly their website design makes me dread going there even though that's where I've gotten my most useful information. Gearslutz is the same as here. Sound design questions and threads are barely responded to and get buried very quickly. I don't know if it's because people are protective of their techniques, if they figure you should just teach yourself using videos, they consider the questions too sophomoric, or if they are just exhausting to answer.

I don't consider myself particularly skilled at sound design so I'm more of a question guy than an answer guy in that department. I'll try to help someone with what little knowledge I can translate. I like designing from scratch but it's very much a trial and error process. I don't ask the questions though because I'm 1. Embarrassed 2. I figure the thread will just get buried 3. I'll just do the research myself until I'm ready to work on complex and more obscure knowledge.

That's why I figure there isn't much discussion of actual music and design around here.

d-track
Posts: 640
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:29 pm

Re: Anyone else feeling embarrassed to be on this forum lately?

Post by d-track » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:46 am

Have you noticed this forum doesn't even exist officially? dumped by ableton a year ago.
*-*

Blendton
Posts: 237
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:29 pm
Location: France

Re: Anyone else feeling embarrassed to be on this forum lately?

Post by Blendton » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:14 am

:arrow: 8O

OK, sound design is surely wait I have to smoke 2 pairs of chesterboro morris (Nicolas Cage masters smoking pairs like a ... good actor in Wild at Heart BTW Laura Dern would piss me off too) ...

I blend ... mod> I put together and "to blend by language mastering" stuff like metaphusical basics and hunter nature state being domrant maybe even just like everything "human fashioned", yeah I know it's the easy and never focused way to say "dudes, mysanthropy being an extreme and then BAD/EVIL, how even the good ones lose their natural and authentic primal focus which is on a life scale happiness (sorry not the good word I won't debate on what it is, let's say individual thing).

I'm 29 and sorry even my parents dad in fact was... in an extreme consumerism it might be lethal or just a coincidence, but not only mum/dad all my education - good, maybe more than that no ability to judge - made me focused on humanity being :

1/ to wake up or not

2/ eat drink have your stuff (vice, don't give a wtf what, you me no one is without consumerism implying vice : but wow, it makes you dumb sometimes

I could be called the trying to be intellectual sycker of the team presently, but without some I'll dare call them elite Aleph grade researchers in sound SYNTHESIS, which has NO NO NO in common even a piece of vocabulary with 'sound design"...
Sound design is to finish that linked to GEAR and not music : amp/speakers and all fucking interesting but I just did the "to pass my graduation" stuff it's designing for instance pieces more solid or working on magic as I like to name it like succeeed to control 2 x 1000W RMS Chhristhian L. 750kg subs in a one front one exactly 1/4 of the average frequency wavelenghth doing maths and placing the back one exactly at that 1/4 the distance while you imagine watching at the wave (so large your 1/4 wavelenght is about 40cm) >>> yeah, I did it : I gained 20db I mastered the omni sucking habit of sub-basses and manages to track it for the audience being perceiving more without any bass running outside of my 1/4 of a circle, I do a cardio shape of bass and no one in backstage or behind feel basses despite I push faders until reaching 140db with for jokes and services in the "cleaning after your show" happyness I had 26Hz capable and cardioid for everyone, puke score 75%, yeah because it's just the neurological frequency of the cerebral stuff involved in your gastric functions ...

Sound design.

It also can be accepted for stuff like JM Jarre awful and sounding like my farts giant phalic 100 glass and tunnels weird speakers Aero I think he named that failure...

So now I blaaah sound designing uninteresting pieces of my past,

The point was doing music, but not what we know. Making it differently, make what's the control piece of the chain, create entirely from a silence the sound of a whatever you want, because we can, we know how, we do that for a while, but not enough good sounding for the moment.

I also mentioned duda because he programs his VTSs, he teached to Deadmau5 more than the last did to anyone because he's an asshole and declared it years ago ; he's not a liar in fact so I use to like him even if he gave up to "not just ask for light chaos hipnotizing people while I'm remaking the Joker in batman or dancing or even do that heart with his hands, a gesture he considers truly azs "I'm a member of the great sheep team", meaning if he "<3" his audience he just thinks "bunch of crapy brainless pices of meat, go die and take your time" >>> sad.

But duda, aurex, modulogeek reprise of "Lost in Numbers" with a monome 128 a 64 and a old school joystick like I had in 1986 with my CPC464 Amstrad ...

This will be more or less a loss if Ableton's community HQ, yes, HERE, is just "how a chord" or "how playing in key" btw why not a little B-1# here, I saw a guy in fact a score of a guy named mozarr huh mozart or brahms or which you want, doing harmonic false outy iof key notes because yes, they had to be for sounding harmonic and in key,

Music is too complex and if you play with all that gear I see in many signatures, talk about Massive or Sylenth, but just do preset shit, you are welcome indeed your level is still far higher than what I can't see anmore : "cpu stuff" or because I firstly did computerism nertwork and secu admin stuff, I in fact am a former "computerist" but also a guy who played moonlight sonata two hands at 3yrs old just befvore reading and begin to understand both words in french and "huh, made in, it's "en angleterre ces mots là papaaaaaa"

Seriously... I really think we do what's done. It's not natural to do mimetism. Composing a score is not creation, it's writing stuff.

Performing live synthesis mixing and controlling everything with a handmade designed interface on an iPad, with some DJM enc rotations for easier LFO or phasing/flanging+panning using a handmade software again : if duda works like that, I have to revoke all statements about "every stuff to do in musical science is done".

BTW, you wanted to talk about sound design ? lol

Sorry I'm pretty good for installs and these "control where the sounds goes / what is eared from here, or here, or far behind, ideally, same for alll that's the goal. Uninteresting w<hen learning curse is over. The job is in fact biring and heavy stuff to handle is not my cup of thoughts when thinking when I play "man, I die it's boring, even fucking but in fact doing a score with the piano keys interacting with the girl's ass has been done, let's try to understand Push is something new, sorry, some guys did surprising things fior such a "bad reputation" piece of "controller and nothing more"...

Hope...


Well ... Don't never ever read my shit, even if I'll keep going, just stop. You shouldn't have view the "stop" before.

Regards and go to work just a little if lazy, no prest, silence, your mind, an example : I saw ADSR for the first time, by wontextual deduction just "Delay took two or three secs more than Att. D......elay (indeed ^^) sus. Rel.

That's how I learned everything : by not knowing but no I know is being sense and wanting that score being real a moron's delirium or a musician in doing the task to really do an innovative thing... I don't trust i.e. good stuff made with audiocubes or other gadget with colors or 3D shapes on their wall to just keep your attention from NOT THEIR HANDS which are +/- not moving...

C'mon if genious or able to be and better already always have been one, let's talk about music and audio PRODUCTION, which is the title, right ? subtopics are jokes this one the others...

"How to do that bass here 's the link" ..

Doing covers, shame
Antoine, aka Blendton.

OS : Windows 8 Professional with Media Center - x64
Ableton Live 9 Suite (64-bit) & Ableton Suite 8 + Max for Live (32-bit)
Toshiba Qosmio F750 + lenticular glasses-free 3D
i7 2670QM 2,20GHz - 2x4GB DDR3-1333 - 5400rpm HDD

Post Reply