Anyone else feeling embarrassed to be on this forum lately?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
SuburbanThug

Re: Anyone else feeling embarrassed to be on this forum lately?

Post by SuburbanThug » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:34 pm

I'll check out the Nord modular, thanks. I'm still getting busy with Bazille but I need to spend more time with it.

Ah, I see. Nord modular is an actual modular system.

I think if AEstep happened down the road I could handle it. If Autechre's studio practices became standard it would mean evolution in my eyes. Really I see dubstep as evolution too but of course it's been wrung dry. Not that jungle producers haven't been making just as complex and more complex bass patches for a long time... But when that kind of thing becomes common knowledge, then it's on to the next thing.

Blendton

Post by Blendton » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:40 pm

:arrow: omg

OK I wanted you to do jokes and make me laugh to the urine splashing my pants just because I master nothing even less than that, except triggering jokes with Blendtonization but

Shit,

No I meant I'm so lolling to lol my lolllipop to the top I just crap and it made pop (Ke$ha said tik tok ? it's that pop ?)

Men, thanks, no worry it is not "'you are myyy puppets" stuff you know, just triggered more than expected specially the absolutely opposite to what I feeling like being accurate

>>> Suburbanthug I said modulogeek plays a track with some joystick and monomes, 'cause lost the former real gear which if I rememeber is a lpd8 or this akai pad + XY tchpad bar BTW

you all are great, I didn't die but close to, if only I could have imagine what the (confesssing mode) really stinky lot of void or whatever you think to be all but good sense and credible mdr

NB : the sub cardio way to do the bass focused on blahhh stuff was real, but hey, I'm a shit I never saw myself as more than whatever whoever and I'm in real life just workaholic lol, here I write lots of crap but speaking I'm pragmatic if not close to a Terminatyor like monotone rare needed order to try being executed but since I look like a teenager

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL and GREAAT PEOPLE HERE !!!!!
Antoine, aka Blendton.

Ableton Live 9 Suite (64-bit) & Ableton Suite 8 + Max for Live (32-bit)
Toshiba Qosmio F750 + lenticular glasses-free 3D
i7 2670QM 2,20GHz - 2x4GB DDR3-1333 - 5400rpm HDD

Matt_Quinn

Post by Matt_Quinn » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:51 pm

It fucking sucks that this place is such a dump. Ableton could really leverage this into an awesome community for promoting their products, but as it is it's almost useless. Absurd watse.

stringtapper wrote:
H20nly wrote:recent photo of Suburban Thug and Blendton:

:lol:

Who runs Abletown?

^^ that however, is fucking hilarious.
the_planet wrote:Trap music is not supported in the current version.

SuburbanThug

Post by SuburbanThug » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:55 pm

Matt_Quinn wrote:It fucking sucks that this place is such a dump. Ableton could really leverage this into an awesome community for promoting their products, but as it is it's almost useless. Absurd watse.
What in the living shit are you talking about? There's a wealth of information on this forum. Maybe it's your focus that needs adjustment.

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:44 pm

Funk N. Furter wrote:
marcoskohler wrote:The ableton forums have always been a joke. Content is lacking and lack of proper moderation means all the kiddies run rampant. I only visit to report bugs or check out the status of the latest beta. I prefer the stuffy atmosphere of Gearslutz or the immensity of reddit. Woo!
That post was going nicely until you added 'woo' on the end, and then suddenly it nosedived. I'm afraid I'll have to vote it down un point on that basis.
lolz

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:48 pm

I dunno. It's not the greatest forum on earth, but I use the product. I can vent, ask questions, answer questions and get some lol time equally. I do wish some of the language was toned down a bit. I mean your mum needs to use that lava bar! :lol:

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:52 pm

eyeknow wrote:I can vent, ask questions, answer questions and get some lol time equally.
this is exactly what makes it work for me. you can throw in a little current events and music related trivia type stuff too. 8)

i guess some people are just purists.

jlgrimes

Post by jlgrimes » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:36 pm

Ryder17 wrote:I mean, have you seen some of the posts lately (without naming names). I would have thought the live user base would be a little more grown up, it's like a forum full of teenagers!
I've been on worse forums. All forums can get pretty nasty at times though.

Forums also tend to be pretty chaotic around the time a new release just comes out.

On one hand you can have real demanding posters who harshly criticize a product until it gets annoying but on the other hand you also get extreme fanboys who can be equally annoying.

As far as polarized views though IMO it doesn't get worse than the Propellerheads forum. I've seen straight up wars on that forum.

One of my favorite forums is the Reaper forum where most people tend to keep stuff somewhat civil, and many members try to be very helpful.

Ableton is Somewhat in between. Most people tend to be pretty helpful but I've seen a few bitter posts but they don't hold a candle to what I've seen on other forums.

Matt_Quinn

Post by Matt_Quinn » Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:03 pm

SuburbanThug wrote:
Matt_Quinn wrote:It fucking sucks that this place is such a dump. Ableton could really leverage this into an awesome community for promoting their products, but as it is it's almost useless. Absurd watse.
What in the living shit are you talking about? There's a wealth of information on this forum. Maybe it's your focus that needs adjustment.

^^^^clearly has never been on a well run, well moderated forum. It's like night and day with this place. Is there useful information here? Yes. Is it hidden among metric tons of absolute bullshit? Also yes. Not sure how that was confusing, but that kind of reading comprehension is par for the course on this board.

Blendton

Post by Blendton » Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:35 pm

Matt_Quinn wrote:
SuburbanThug wrote:

^^^^clearly has never been on a well run, well moderated forum. It's like night and day with this place. Is there useful information here? Yes. Is it hidden among metric tons of absolute bullshit? Also yes. Not sure how that was confusing, but that kind of reading comprehension is par for the course on this board.
Dude, you raped me and now keylog ? I WROTE THAT

joking, nice post :|
Antoine, aka Blendton.

Blendton

Post by Blendton » Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:42 pm

BTW today is the St Antoine ... the first for 2013 indeed, there are two on our calendar I'm sure, not checked outside france, july 5th comes later and in theory might be more worldwide than today)

Sorry, unable not to place my 1st name day after the miuillisecond it took to know it (didn't pay attentionabout which day is today then saw it here while submiting the previous)

peace to all :mrgreen:
Antoine, aka Blendton.

SuburbanThug

Post by SuburbanThug » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:00 pm

Matt_Quinn wrote:
SuburbanThug wrote:

You want to see this place used to further promote all of Ableton's 2 products (4 if you include their endorsements)? How would that make this place less "useless?" People get their questions answered about just about everything Ableton related within the day they make their post. But according to you this place is a dump. So... are you here just to insult me and the other people that contribute to this forum or is it just that time of the month and you're feeling a little crabby and emotional?

And I'm the one that's confused... It's not my fault you don't know how to use the search function properly.

Matt_Quinn

Post by Matt_Quinn » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:03 pm

You are making my case for me. So thanks.

SuburbanThug

Post by SuburbanThug » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:05 pm

Aw, that hurt my feelings Matt. Here's a pro-tip for you. The useful information is in a different thread. Do you need someone to link you?

Blendton

Post by Blendton » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:18 pm

SuburbanThug wrote:Aw, that hurt my feelings Matt. Here's a pro-tip for you. The useful information is in a different thread. Do you need someone to link you?
Fix : useful information is in every relevant tilted thread putting on the dessk what can be solved, therefore the issues>information real useability here, I mean, Antoine speaking

but because it's so easy and I don't read what I know I won't be able to join in in a helping way, I enjoy my name's reputation for all threads like this one, no point, nothing to solve, no problem, no solution, why not training net-actor schizoid poster to innovation even be real in the TROLL sub-level of every place we talk about ?

in fact I dcan't even recall what's this thread title, even an approx or a word, just see "e-mail with funny link from some sub place @abeleton"
Antoine, aka Blendton.