All times are UTC

 
 



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Traktor kontrol z1
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:18 pm 

Joined: Mon May 15, 2006 12:15 pm
Posts: 3448
Have you seen that ?
I am wondering :
Is it a regular soundcard ? can you use it with ableton or max/MSP and route audio to the 2 channels, and use the faders and EQs ? or are the fader and EQs just controllers ?

_________________
http://www.chapelierfou.com
Mac OS 10.6, L8 and L9, M4L.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Traktor kontrol z1
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:21 pm 

Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:22 am
Posts: 1401
I don't see why you couldn't route stuff. It's just a controller with a soundcard, right? I would buy this right away if it had a couple RCA inputs...

_________________
https://soundcloud.com/suburbanthugsoundsystem


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Traktor kontrol z1
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:29 pm 

Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:00 am
Posts: 941
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
I really like it. It looks awesome. But then, I'm a modular kinda guy. I already have an f1 and an x1 plus a Maschine. Wow, what an amzing set up that would be. I also have an S2 because I got on this whole manual mixing mindset for awhile. I decided I would manually beat-match and all that when I played live at shows so that's what I've been doing. It is fun and I enjoy the jog wheels but honestly I'm not really a mix 2 tracks kinda person. I like to remix and chop loops, use effects and record it into the loop recorder and then drop that into a remix deck, or grab pieces of tracks and create my own track live. Pretty much impossible w/o syncing.
Maybe I'll sell my s2 and get 1 or 2 z1's. Sounds fun to me.

That said, I wish it were an actual mixer w/ INPUTS! That would be a dream come true. Oh well, guess I should get a z2 for that, huh?

Boy I'm really turning into an NI fanboy over here. EVer since I got Maschine I haven'y even opened Live 9. I've been using 2 track decks, 1 remix deck and Maschine in Traktor and it's really too much fun! I ain't getting any tracks done!! Just jamming out all the time.

Oh well, it happens to the best of em' I guess!

_________________
http://soundcloud.com/theovoid


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Traktor kontrol z1
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:33 pm 

Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:24 pm
Posts: 1493
Location: Homefree
Is Maschine and Traktor playing well together as far as sync and stability is concerned? Are you running low latency in Maschine?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Traktor kontrol z1
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:30 pm 

Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2005 11:46 pm
Posts: 12945
Location: Seattle
I've been messing with Traktor on the iPad lately, so the built in cueing will likely be worth it for me. Shame it needs a PSU though. :(

_________________
InnerPortalStudio.com Professional Mastering - Mixdowns - Track Consulting. Click for details.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Traktor kontrol z1
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:31 pm 

Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:00 am
Posts: 941
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
nowtime wrote:
Is Maschine and Traktor playing well together as far as sync and stability is concerned? Are you running low latency in Maschine?


Yes, I'm using the IAC driver on my MAcbook Pro.

_________________
http://soundcloud.com/theovoid


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Traktor kontrol z1
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:37 pm 

Joined: Mon May 15, 2006 12:15 pm
Posts: 3448
So forgive my stupid question (im not really into DJ stuff) but are they hardware EQs ? Or just pots supposed to be mapped to traktor's software EQs. Same question for the faders.

_________________
http://www.chapelierfou.com
Mac OS 10.6, L8 and L9, M4L.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Traktor kontrol z1
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:54 pm 

Joined: Fri May 07, 2010 10:13 am
Posts: 18
Edited. Unsure about the information.

_________________
www.soundcloud.com/winklepicker


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Traktor kontrol z1
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:08 pm 

Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:00 am
Posts: 941
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
chapelier fou wrote:
So forgive my stupid question (im not really into DJ stuff) but are they hardware EQs ? Or just pots supposed to be mapped to traktor's software EQs. Same question for the faders.


It uses internal mixing so I'm guessing its just encoders mapped (HID) to the soft-ware. When I first opened the e-mail I actually thought it was a hard-ware mixer w/ pots and inputs but sadly, it's just a MIDI controller w/ a soundcard.

_________________
http://soundcloud.com/theovoid


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Traktor kontrol z1
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:08 pm 

Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:02 am
Posts: 3491
Location: Menasha, Wisconsin
Third on the inputs.

Phone and tablet sized devices are fucking amazing to me and I dream that something to the nature of Live, and all it's capabilities, will one day be available on those devices.

They would be truly beautiful instruments. Hell, they already are.

I love the idea of carrying a full fledged synth, drum machine, arranger, recorder, and dj app all in my pocket. I'm doing that right now. I'm just anxious for it to get more casual haha. And for the hardware that allows people to maximize the potential (quality audio inputs for iPhone are wayy pricy right now, which sucks because a lot of apps can take advantage of it).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Traktor kontrol z1
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:02 am 

Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:38 am
Posts: 374
Theo Void wrote:
nowtime wrote:
Is Maschine and Traktor playing well together as far as sync and stability is concerned? Are you running low latency in Maschine?


Yes, I'm using the IAC driver on my MAcbook Pro.


Do you mean the virtual midi in out of Traktor and Maschine because you don't need to use the inbuilt OSX one.

It's pretty tight latency for me, when I get Maschine out


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Traktor kontrol z1
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:13 am 

Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:00 am
Posts: 941
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
ekwipt wrote:
Theo Void wrote:
nowtime wrote:
Is Maschine and Traktor playing well together as far as sync and stability is concerned? Are you running low latency in Maschine?


Yes, I'm using the IAC driver on my MAcbook Pro.


Do you mean the virtual midi in out of Traktor and Maschine because you don't need to use the inbuilt OSX one.

It's pretty tight latency for me, when I get Maschine out

No, I'm talking about the IAC bus in OSX.
I previously tried to use Traktor's MIDI sync w/ Maschine but it kept drifting really bad so I tried IAC and it seems to work much better.

Are you having luck w/ Traktor MIDI sync? If so, let me know what you're doing so I can implement it. IAC is kinda a PITA to set-up.

_________________
http://soundcloud.com/theovoid


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Traktor kontrol z1
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:47 pm 

Joined: Mon May 15, 2006 12:15 pm
Posts: 3448
Theo Void wrote:
chapelier fou wrote:
So forgive my stupid question (im not really into DJ stuff) but are they hardware EQs ? Or just pots supposed to be mapped to traktor's software EQs. Same question for the faders.


It uses internal mixing so I'm guessing its just encoders mapped (HID) to the soft-ware. When I first opened the e-mail I actually thought it was a hard-ware mixer w/ pots and inputs but sadly, it's just a MIDI controller w/ a soundcard.

Thanks... so it's not that useful for me...

_________________
http://www.chapelierfou.com
Mac OS 10.6, L8 and L9, M4L.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Traktor kontrol z1
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:12 am 

Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:39 pm
Posts: 19364
Location: San Jose, CA
Not quite there yet, but soon this will become viable enough so we’ll have vinyl DJs hating on CD DJs hating on laptop DJs hating on tablet DJs.

_________________
Cuddle Core :x


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Traktor kontrol z1
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:05 am 

Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:00 am
Posts: 941
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
beats me wrote:
Not quite there yet, but soon this will become viable enough so we’ll have vinyl DJs hating on CD DJs hating on laptop DJs hating on tablet DJs.

LOL. I know. Can't wait til I get someone to hate on.
As a live re-mixer controller user I'm at the bottom of the hate chain :/

_________________
http://soundcloud.com/theovoid


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC

 
 

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group