Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 5:51 am
Hey, people. For you which the best vst plugin to creat a sound? I'm searching the best and I wanna now the opinion from others Ableton users. Thanks!
- Posts: 23745
- Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:19 pm
- Location: SF, CA
there are no best VSTs, just best VST users.
welcome back z.
"Obsession is a great substitute for talent." - Steve Martin on learning the banjo
Dell Inspiron 15 7000, Live 10.1, Win10 Home, Edirol UA101, APC40, Remote SL, SPD-SX, mic, guitars, JX305, Nova
- Posts: 39
- Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:36 am
what kinda sound are you looking for? I go u-he Diva for old school, Massive or something else for new school..
- Posts: 1479
- Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:22 am
Last edited by SuburbanThug
on Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Posts: 249
- Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:35 am
- Location: Beijing
Tone Deft wrote:there are no best VSTs, just best VST users.
welcome back z.
quite sensitive radar there
- Posts: 552
- Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:22 pm
- Location: England
Well for synths it's u-he
For effects it's Soundtoys.
Image Line Harmor is a killer additive synth so is NI Razor.
There are sounds that only romplers can do such as Spectrasonics and Native Instruments.
DIVA gets a JP-8000 module end of this month. So U-he will also be the best for supersaw.
Loads more I could go on and on.
- Posts: 1021
- Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:00 am
- Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Synth 1 is all you'll ever need!
- Posts: 1073
- Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2005 7:44 pm
- Location: Jamrock
- Posts: 4357
- Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2005 1:29 am
- Location: The Ableton Live Forum
evon wrote:Propellerhead Reason
No. Sony Acid is best VST.
Professional Shark Jumper.
- Posts: 1641
- Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2003 8:38 pm
- Location: Montreal, Canada
infernal.machine wrote:Whatever VST is the most expensive.
...and has the biggest GUI
- Posts: 728
- Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2004 8:03 pm
- Posts: 117
- Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2005 2:31 pm
All the stuff from U-he, peace.
Rob van Hees
Macbook Pro 15", 8 Gig Ram, Mavericks 10.9, Novation Impulse, Maschine MKII, Live 9.1 (latest beta 64bit), Logic Pro X 10.04, Protools 11.02, just too many plugins.
- Posts: 53
- Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:26 am
The question shouldn't be "Who the best VSTs?".... the real question is ... How do synth? ¯(°_o)/¯ ???