native instruments presets in instruments rack

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Leax

Re: native instruments presets in instruments rack

Post by Leax » Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:05 pm

Hi, I have to say that what you're doing is just awesome !

That's exactly what I was looking for after two days of playing with Push.

I have one question though, some presets on FM8 are not working. When I load the rack, FM8 doesn't open.
(Ex : Synth lead / Absolom or Acid Maschine)

Could it be because I don't own the presets, maybe ?

unlistenable

Post by unlistenable » Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:03 am

Ubik...love the presets you made for Absynth and FM8, works like a charm. I see you have created VST Bridge for Native Instruments Komplete. I don't have Push (nor do I plan on getting it) but having the presets in my User Library is quite useful. Where can I get just the preset folders like you created for Absynth and FM8 to add to my User Library (or is that what VST Bridge is)? Thanks

Ubik

Post by Ubik » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:59 am

I have one question though, some presets on FM8 are not working. When I load the rack, FM8 doesn't open.
(Ex : Synth lead / Absolom or Acid Maschine)

Could it be because I don't own the presets, maybe ?
I checked it and there's been an error with these presets, these are absynth 5 presets not FM8 (i should have forgot to delete them when duplicating the folder structure)
I see you have created VST Bridge for Native Instruments Komplete. I don't have Push (nor do I plan on getting it) but having the presets in my User Library is quite useful. Where can I get just the preset folders like you created for Absynth and FM8 to add to my User Library (or is that what VST Bridge is)?
I didn't create a vst bridge, these are vst wrapped into standard ableton instruments racks. You'll just have to copy the folders into User Library > presets

I finally uploaded the new racks !! Here are they are !

Massive
https://app.box.com/s/y4xzr2ornold0wbxel07

Reaktor Spark
https://app.box.com/s/lvgefo1t8gwo6493jukm

Reaktor Razor
https://app.box.com/s/eki4ohjxdahjy2rvgp8u

Reaktor Prism
https://app.box.com/s/x3f6ka6pwjz09ur6hoh8

Have fun !

Citizen

Post by Citizen » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:38 pm

Oh, wow - this is great - thank you for what must have been a huge amount of work! 8O

Quick question:

What is the fastest path to the presets via Push? I'm currently doing:

PLACES > USER LIBRARY > PRESETS > MASSIVE

Is there a faster way?

Ubik

Post by Ubik » Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:03 pm

No that's where you have to put it. The ultimate goal is to modify the BrowserComponent.py file to be able to browse the presets from the first column on push (e.g. Massive > Bass > preset) but so far i couldn't decompile the file...

Citizen

Post by Citizen » Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:05 pm

OK - great - that would be incredible!

Thank you so much - this is HUGE! :D

ouzoman

Post by ouzoman » Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:33 pm

Fantastic job!

jbone1313

Post by jbone1313 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:36 pm

Looks like queglay is now selling his thing: http://www.audiomodder.com/collections/ ... vst-bridge.

I'm still interested in Ubik's exports though, because I don't want to install a hacked browswercomponent file (assuming that's what queglay's tool does).

Nonetheless, queglay's work is quite impressive.

Ubik

Post by Ubik » Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:57 pm

Nonetheless, queglay's work is quite impressive.
Indeed, i just followed his explanations to create the presets.

queglay

Post by queglay » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:27 am

I will be updating now to not require a hacked browser component file after a test last night.

viewtopic.php?f=55&t=192022&p=1544770#p1544770
queglay wrote:I tried doing no mods to lives 9.0.5 files (just did a straight reinstall) with the AudioModder VST Bridge and it works. I hadn't caught that they added the "places" category at the end of the list, with multiple levels of subfolders and all. So yes, doing this you give up the ability to browse by type/genre for all synths at once (ableton's genres wont fit the NI schema). But we still gain the ability to browse by synth, then by type/genre, and then our presets so long as the paths exist in places. that's even better. I think that will work well, I just need to rename those folders so they are sorted correctly in the places tab after installation.
Load VST Presets from Push's Browser!
http://www.audiomodder.com

login

Post by login » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:30 am

The Prism ones work with mikro?

Thanks a lot by the way, tons of effort.

Ubik

Post by Ubik » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:40 am

You're welcome,
For Mikro Prism, i can't tell as i don't have it...

queglay

Post by queglay » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:04 am

I intend to add soundtoys, korg and arturia in the future depending on the popularity of the shop. the real point of this is to be able to let me raise enough to spend a few months coding parameter lock automation for push using my sequencer as the framework. I know how I can get this to work.

Back to the vst's -
I dont use the macros except on vanilla effect racks that dont have presets (like filters) because presets dont send back up to macros. However you can dive in to the configured vsts to change parameters. I have suggested to ableton that they make the macro knobs bidirectional. if thats a feature you'd like it would be great if you could suggest it to to give it visibility.

Citizen

Post by Citizen » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:50 am

Two quick questions for Queglay (and maybe Ubik):

If I was to purchase your racks (which look might impressive - just watched the video!) - would it conflict with the racks that I installed that Ubik has provided?

Secondly, will all this stuff still work if Ableton updates Live? (I just want to avoid a potential library nightmare!)

Thank you both for your awesome work!

queglay

Post by queglay » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:11 pm

It will work in the future because believe I will no longer do the browser component hack (pending more testing). ill release this as soon as I can. the places tab seems to get us there with enough seperation of the presets. the types/genres (for those presets that have them) follow whatever folder structure we use.

Once I do this update you could choose between ubik's presets or mine, but I don't see if you used my presets if I'm missing anything (let me know if there's something I should be doing with my presets I'm not). I am charging for my kit but with that comes an extensive collection, and free updates in the future. I believe its a small amount for a collection that took me months to build, and i thought long about whether I should do it. I realised if people would be willing to pay for it then it would mean I could make it more robust and extensive with time. I'm trying to direct my efforts to cover more 3rd party vst's in the future as well.

See here for the current list-
http://www.audiomodder.com/collections/ ... vst-bridge

What would be great to see if Ableton are willing to do it is if those scrolling buttons in the browser cycled through the top and bottom of the list. Then you could press "up" and you'd always be in places in a single click!

I also requested that when you browse from a pad, and then click on an empty pad that the browser doesn't loose its state/position. that would speed things up for making drum racks.
Last edited by queglay on Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:40 am, edited 2 times in total.