OT: Detroit Electronic Music Fest.

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
drush

Post by drush » Tue May 03, 2005 7:27 pm

yeh, similarly my next releases are coming out under my "Derrick May" pseudonym. i mean, fuk it, he aint using the name.

:P

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Tue May 03, 2005 7:41 pm

sqook wrote:
I was wondering about this, too... I think that I'm going to start spinning under the name "DJ Advent" now and see if anyone notices.. ;)
Theres a guy here in Seattle who goes by The Advent - he's like Asain or something and spins middle eastern trance I think - I'm being serious. I've never meet the guy but he sent me a 'friend request' on myspace I approved him because i have no friends but still - there out there

I'm one to talk right, but it was my birth given name - Donald has a son named Adonis as well and this girl I work with said she meet some guy named Adonis over the weekend ~ hmmmm?

There's also a DJ out here in Seattle named AdamJay (davidMichael) knows who he is - his name is really Adam Jay which is weird but yeah -

Your bound to run into that kind of thing ever once in a while - Thank god my mom didn't name me Carl Cox (pheew!)
Ableton | Elektron

Music

eisnein

Post by eisnein » Wed May 04, 2005 12:04 am

i actually just got into a bit of this name game myself...i have been sargemakesloops since 99. then in about 2000-2001 i decided that sarge was the person making loops so i might as well just be sarge. low and behold there is a band that WAS called sarge. its cool, they did their thing and are finished.

about two months ago- i start playing solo shows and release my first disc..under the alias sarge......then a couple weeks after my most recent show i got an email from the woman who started the band. she was very nice. i had previously checked out my rights and found out the name wasnt trademarked for recording or performing so i was gonna go through the motions...until i get this email and find out they are still selling discs and selling on iTUnes.....

at least it happened now and it was def. flattering that she had actually heard of me and been able to reach me. gots to love the interweb.

anyone got an alias???
second class robot

AdamJay

Post by AdamJay » Wed May 04, 2005 12:16 am

djadonis206 wrote:
There's also a DJ out here in Seattle named AdamJay (davidMichael) knows who he is - his name is really Adam Jay which is weird but yeah -
i remember a guy named Adam Johnson calling my cell phone once a couple years ago. said he was using the name Adam J (not Jay), and proceeded to give me the third degree about my musical accomplishments and tell me about a bunch of remixes he did under that name that i never did see..

but strangely, i remember him saying he was from Seattle.

:?

whateva!

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Wed May 04, 2005 2:18 am

That's him!!!! - ha!

funny but not really, kinda sad in a couple different ways

anywho
Ableton | Elektron

Music

djshiva

Post by djshiva » Wed May 04, 2005 5:39 am

there are a gerbajillion dj shiva's that i keep running into online too. but i have been using the name for over 10 years and finally got it on a record label, so i am gonna keep on keepin' on. :)
http://www.soundcloud.com/djshiva
http://www.facebook.com/djshivamusic
http://sapphicbeats.blogspot.com

Macbook Pro Core 2 Duo / OSX / 2Gb RAM / Ableton Live 8 / Akai LPD8/LPK25

SIXTO

Post by SIXTO » Wed May 04, 2005 9:11 pm

anyone have any info on the after parties..

also does anyone have a spot on floor for me in your hotel will pay... :wink:
Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, non but ourself can free our mind - Bob Marley

drush

Post by drush » Wed May 04, 2005 9:30 pm

DJADD

also check electricavenue.org

Post by DJADD » Thu May 05, 2005 12:32 pm

Some good afterhours events happening at the Masonic Temple over that weekend, check http://www.electricavenue.org, I had an earlier post about this. We are playing Monday night, and I am dedicating our performance to my dear sister Monica Dee Jordan, who passed away last week, leaving behind 3 kids that are going to need a lot of love. don't mean to bum people out with that, but I'm rockin' out crazy proper for her that night.

I see at the official fuse-indetroit site that they are adding on some additional info pages as well, site still being built up.
¡Manipulating what is, into what shouldn't!
http://www.losminstrelsdeldiablo.com

SIXTO

Post by SIXTO » Thu May 05, 2005 7:56 pm

Does anyone have any advice on this event for me IE cheap hotels and what not.... I will be going solo to this... and really dont know too much about it, besides that every year I miss it...

Thanks
Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, non but ourself can free our mind - Bob Marley

drush

Post by drush » Thu May 05, 2005 8:00 pm

http://www.detroitluv.com/index.php?topic=23300.0

otherwise just try to find a hotel as near hart plaza as you can get it. a friend of mine just booked a room at a Day's Inn a mile down Jefferson for $63/night.

Kage

Post by Kage » Fri May 06, 2005 8:39 am

Nice price..I need to look into that.. I'm in the burbs of detroit, and I rather just stay there all weekend and party :)