THE BIGGEST reason why a 3rd party bit-bridge sucks

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
Vance
Posts: 348
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2004 10:35 am

THE BIGGEST reason why a 3rd party bit-bridge sucks

Post by Vance » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:03 pm

- Load bridged plugins

- Ableton crashes (like it always does)

- Restart Ableton, recover crashed session

- Bridged plugins are reset to the default preset

Kill me now...

3DW
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:12 pm

Re: THE BIGGEST reason why a 3rd party bit-bridge sucks

Post by 3DW » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:27 pm

Most of my crashes have been due to my old pc not being able to handle big projects, Now i have a new super machine i hope these are alot less frequent. If this is the case with the jbridge then thats bad news!
I am relying on the bridge now since converting to 64bit so this could be very frustrating.

chris vine
Posts: 692
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 2:01 am
Location: Brazil

Re: THE BIGGEST reason why a 3rd party bit-bridge sucks

Post by chris vine » Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:48 pm

The biggest reason is yes, crashes, but they don't happen right away - so can't trust the bridge in a live set. I wonder if it would be any better with a bridge written into Live. Kinda doubt it. :(

cids
Posts: 490
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2004 5:53 pm
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands

Re: THE BIGGEST reason why a 3rd party bit-bridge sucks

Post by cids » Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:08 pm

Every bridge solution won't be perfect... better migrate to 64-bit plugins...
Mac mini 6-core and Mac Mini M1

Genelec M030; Live 11; macOS 11

UAD Apollo Twin

Ableton Push 2

3DW
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:12 pm

Re: THE BIGGEST reason why a 3rd party bit-bridge sucks

Post by 3DW » Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:19 pm

impossible to migrate all your plugins. I know that about 60% of mines are not even available in 64 bit.

H20nly
Posts: 15854
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:15 pm
Location: The Wild West

Re: THE BIGGEST reason why a 3rd party bit-bridge sucks

Post by H20nly » Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:32 pm

i suppose that's Live's fault.


:idea: shop for up to date plugins

3DW
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:12 pm

Re: THE BIGGEST reason why a 3rd party bit-bridge sucks

Post by 3DW » Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:46 pm

H20nly wrote:i suppose that's Live's fault.


:idea: shop for up to date plugins
Fuck off man!!! im fed up off pedantic dicks like you on here. It is a valid issue for people that have a set off plugins that they like to use... This is my case also. Im not going to update my whole collection of things i like just like that before finding a solution.
Try to find some manners or don't bother posting if you only have a smart arsed comment up your sleeve.
For the record i just had a crash there and all my plugins have restored perfectly using jbridge so im quite happy thank you.

beats me
Posts: 23319
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:39 pm

Re: THE BIGGEST reason why a 3rd party bit-bridge sucks

Post by beats me » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:34 pm

3DW wrote:
H20nly wrote:i suppose that's Live's fault.


:idea: shop for up to date plugins
Fuck off man!!! im fed up off pedantic dicks like you on here. It is a valid issue for people that have a set off plugins that they like to use... This is my case also. Im not going to update my whole collection of things i like just like that before finding a solution.
Try to find some manners or don't bother posting if you only have a smart arsed comment up your sleeve.
For the record i just had a crash there and all my plugins have restored perfectly using jbridge so im quite happy thank you.


Cut him some slack. He hasn’t worked on music in a while and didn’t know it’s no longer possible at all to produce music in 32 bit.

H20nly
Posts: 15854
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:15 pm
Location: The Wild West

Re: THE BIGGEST reason why a 3rd party bit-bridge sucks

Post by H20nly » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:55 pm

yeah, when i bought a Mac with 64 bit OS i thought everything would "just work". it's totally not my fault that i switched, i had nothing to do with it.


and 3DW... moving forward i will use your last post as an example of the epitome of good manners. thanks for showing me the way.

BTW, are those 32 bit or 64 bit manners you're using?

3DW
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:12 pm

Re: THE BIGGEST reason why a 3rd party bit-bridge sucks

Post by 3DW » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:13 pm

H20nly wrote:yeah, when i bought a Mac with 64 bit OS i thought everything would "just work". it's totally not my fault that i switched, i had nothing to do with it.


and 3DW... moving forward i will use your last post as an example of the epitome of good manners. thanks for showing me the way.

BTW, are those 32 bit or 64 bit manners you're using?
definitely 64 bit. I just hate the one word unhelpful answers on here. We are all in this together fuckers. :)

H20nly
Posts: 15854
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:15 pm
Location: The Wild West

Re: THE BIGGEST reason why a 3rd party bit-bridge sucks

Post by H20nly » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:16 pm

:lol: alright asshole... fair enough. sorry.

*hugs*

3DW
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:12 pm

Re: THE BIGGEST reason why a 3rd party bit-bridge sucks

Post by 3DW » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:17 pm

PS you can't blame people wanting to use 64 bit to get the full use out of their RAM on the pc.
Yes there will be problems but lets try helping people rather than crappy smart arse replies... That is all.

3DW
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:12 pm

Re: THE BIGGEST reason why a 3rd party bit-bridge sucks

Post by 3DW » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:18 pm

whats your problem mate???? I certainly didn't have one until you started your shite.

H20nly
Posts: 15854
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:15 pm
Location: The Wild West

Re: THE BIGGEST reason why a 3rd party bit-bridge sucks

Post by H20nly » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:30 pm

:? really?
3DW wrote:definitely 64 bit. I just hate the one word unhelpful answers on here. We are all in this together fuckers. :)
okay... i thought this was us getting over shit... AND having a laugh.


this was a joke in response...
H20nly wrote: :lol: alright asshole... fair enough. sorry.

*hugs*
complete with an apology and a show of good faith

but if you don't have a sense of humor, then fuck it. :arrow:

beats me
Posts: 23319
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:39 pm

Re: THE BIGGEST reason why a 3rd party bit-bridge sucks

Post by beats me » Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:27 pm

20 years from now the 32 bit sound will become the hot production technique and you will need an expensive plug-in to emulate it.

Post Reply