Problem opening Razor

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Down8ch

Problem opening Razor

Post by Down8ch » Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:21 pm

Alright, so I just bought Native Instruments Razor and I can open it just fine in an empty live set. But when I load my live set that I've already done extensive work on, I am unable to Open the reaktor player. Double clicking on it does nothing and when I manually drag the vst onto a blank midi track, it says it can't find the vst :(

I tried multiple instances of opening up the vst in a blank set and it works fine. Double checked my folder paths and everything should work. I mean it does in a blank set. Why would Ableton be unable to find the vst in the context of a live set?

Anyone else have this problem?

The Northern Contingent

Re: Problem opening Razor

Post by The Northern Contingent » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:14 pm

Not really sure - I've got Razor myself through Reaktor and don't have any problems saving and loading patches. Have you contacted Ableton support? Sorry I can't be more help.

Down8ch

Post by Down8ch » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:32 pm

No worries. I think it was some sort of out of memory problem with the live set in question. It crashes every time I try to load that particular set. So I just decided to start over. It sucks to lose a couple weeks of hard work on a tune that you get really attached to, but c'est la vie I guess :(

tintala

Post by tintala » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:08 am

I had this problem of Reaktor constantly crashing Live... I got Live 9 64 bit... still happens, never did find a remedy

JayNiko

Post by JayNiko » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:44 am

Works fine with Live8 (Mac AU/VST)