Knobs in Ableton

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
megahias

Knobs in Ableton

Post by megahias » Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:02 am

Hi,
does somebody know how i can change how the knobs/encoders of my keyboard react in ableton?
I have the problem that when i just turn the knob very soft, it does just little movement in ableton, i would turn the knob for a few times that it would do one turn in the software. When i turn the knob quick it goes nearly 1:1 in ableton. But i want it every time in 1:1! I work with synths and i hate the way the knobs react, i just want a 1:1 control like on an analog synth.
Can anybody help me?

Thanks
Matthias

erikomic

Re: Knobs in Ableton

Post by erikomic » Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:59 pm

In live you can just refine the range of the parameter assigned at a knob, or invert the range.

When attributing midi (cmd-M) > open the side browser (alt-cmd-B) there you have the list of the assignation.
For the way the actual hardware knobs react and send rotary informations it should be in your hardware (controller) that you have to mess with...
Good luck.

maybe you should check if your midi option is in pick-up mode.
In relative mode it Splits the actual physical value to match the "rotary headroom" left But if you're too close to the min or max value it can make pretty surprising jumps...

if your rotary is an "endless" encoder then you should defenitivly check your hardware options.

megahias

Re: Knobs in Ableton

Post by megahias » Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:54 pm

Hi,
endless knobs... i´ll check again hardware...
The thing is, i tested another keyboard in a music store and there was the same...
Thanks and greetings
Matthias