pop crackle at the end of the bar

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
elseano

pop crackle at the end of the bar

Post by elseano » Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:12 am

Hi guys,
im at a loss with this one
so im working on a track and I noticed at a certain part of the track I get a crackle just as a 2 bar sequence ends, sometimes its quite notieable and its a real stutter other times just a pop or crackle.
the weird part is its only at a certain part before bar 53 its fine get to bar 53 and it starts happening. The cpu lead meter is showing 22% with maybe a 2% increase when the glitch hits.
I started soloing everything thinking there some weird automation somewhere but it happens on everything individually. I though ok weird ill just copy from before 53 but no joy.
I started a new project and then dragged the clips from the old one into it and still had problems.
I stemmed everything out and put into logic with no problems.
Im completely stumped.

Im using live 9 .0.4 64bit on a mac mini i7 with 16gb ram hooked up to a komplete audio 6
driver type core audio
sample rate 44100
buffer size 172 (have moved this around to no avail aswell)

any and all help will be appreciated

irrelevance

Re: pop crackle at the end of the bar

Post by irrelevance » Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:44 pm

Have you tried drawing in clip volume automation?
Switched off all inserts on track?
Is it a raw audio file or warped?
Does it glitch as a raw audio file?
Try warping the raw audio file again maybe the analysis file is corrupt?

elseano

Re: pop crackle at the end of the bar

Post by elseano » Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:36 am

thanks for the suggestions

turns out I had echoboy (which is in beta 64 bit) on one track and it turned on for a split second at the end of the bars in question. So when I was looking at the plug it looked off but then at the end of the bar it would turn on spaz out then turn off. Disabling the whole plugin fixed everything, just have to watch my on/off automation for echoboy.

stupid user error.