Midi pad controller with full midi range access?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
TYLRbass

Re: Midi pad controller with full midi range access?

Post by TYLRbass » Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:55 pm

UCAudio wrote:Just seems weird to me that people making midi devices don't put transpose buttons on them so they can output the full midi range. Are there any pad controllers that do this so you don't have to deal with multiple tracks or other work arounds?
Definitely a rare feature but I am almost positive I've seen it on at least one pad controller.. can't remember which one though but it would definitely be nice to see octave up/down the same way it works on MIDI keyboards.. but would you truly want to transpose by an octave (12 notes) or would you rather it go by 16 notes to line up with the 16 pads?

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:21 pm

I would love that feature too.

I think the problem is that a lot of people expect to remap each pad to taste. Or at least in some situations. And because of that, it kind of ties up the potential feature.

UCAudio

Post by UCAudio » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:15 pm

So after looking around a bit it looks like this is the best solution for me. You just hold down the shift button and hit a pad to change banks. 16 banks of 16 pads. I'm assuming the first 8 banks give you sequential midi notes across the full range.

Steinberg CMC-PD