Looper - visual feedback from several tracks at once??

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
lameller

Looper - visual feedback from several tracks at once??

Post by lameller » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:41 am

Hi everyone

Just diving into live and I have a question in regards to the looper.

I love the looper and it does what i want - but I would like 2-3 of them... And I would like to be able to monitor them all at once. Meaning that I would like to be able to see all 3 detail views from the three different audio tracks at once so I can se loop lenght, status etc etc.

I have been googling for several days but havent come up with a solution....

If i dont find a solution i will try and build a setup in maxmsp - but that would be my first go at building a patch so i'd rather start with something a bit more simple:-)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Best regards

Mikkel, Denmark

S4racen

Re: Looper - visual feedback from several tracks at once??

Post by S4racen » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:38 pm

You'll need max4live and the live object model to find the state parameter of each Looper...

Then you'll need a floating window that always stays on top...

Can be done and a great first patch to build, good luck!

Cheers
D

Winterpark

Post by Winterpark » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:42 pm

I don't have a solution to show all three loopers at once... but this may help as an alternative workaround... When I midi map record button, I also mdii map the same message to the device bar of each looper I use. This way, when I press the button to engage the looper, the device I'm using comes into view and i can see what i'm doing.
web | fb | sc | twt | bc

philipc

Post by philipc » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:09 am

Winterpark wrote:I don't have a solution to show all three loopers at once... but this may help as an alternative workaround... When I midi map record button, I also mdii map the same message to the device bar of each looper I use. This way, when I press the button to engage the looper, the device I'm using comes into view and i can see what i'm doing.
Yeah, I do the same thing. It helps but being able to see all Loopers at once, a la Mobius (http://www.circularlabs.com), would be really nice.

I've been meaning to see what M4L could do in this regard. I'll be interested to see whatever anyone comes up with!