Tips for rolling off sub-bass?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
dixie237

Re: Tips for rolling off sub-bass?

Post by dixie237 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:59 am

jestermgee wrote:Great example of where a good mastering engineer can find these issues (even when you cannot hear them on certain systems) and fix em.
+1

If your tracks are destined for a club, then you really need to spend the money on a mastering house that has experience in that genre. With the best will in the world, in a project studio, its very very difficult to do-it-all.

Most places wont charge much. Will give feedback on mix adjustments you can make if supplying a single stereo mix. Stems are better. These need only be minimum of 3 (more is better of course). Drums, bass, everything else. If you've spent time getting your mix as good as you can, and your serious about the track, spend some money on mastering, then bang it out through a club system.

good luck :)
D

ikeaboy

Post by ikeaboy » Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:10 pm

Blendton wrote:
john gordon wrote:Best thread I've on this forum in years.
up and +1

>>>first "up" or "+1" EVER done in my entire life<<<

Tour sentence will ot serve both roles of the prize of the most relevant in a single sentence ; and the "one who could freeze the thread a little since being doing somes reflexions for eventually answser the next nice post take time - and thios rthread deserves staying azt the top / Page one of a topic for 'Music & audio production' real exchange and meaning to serve as IMO somekind of a knowledge base .......... I mean not a yes/no/neutral emo/ POLLING (the most regression on the intellectually or learning level maybe.

Sorry for that think about my next ; or waiting for the following post if not fast enough.

Warm regards.
Do you mean a sticky Blendton? I understand your last point too about it being hard to define subconscious factors that make people dance to some songs even though they dislike the style. Getting the bass right along with a swing that makes people feel light on their feet.

Blendton

Post by Blendton » Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:42 pm

A sticky is for Ableton duties only related to "new release/guidelines/legal" and I don't put the whole of it it's useless no ; not a sticky.

I in fact think about something for now a long time :

Just creatinc another main topic,

to name it would be a delicate task but to understand its purpose what I find accurate would be "You know "The Loundge" contents/purpose or lack of a purpose maybe ?" >>> the topic I think about is The Loundge total opposite thing.

A topic where a fake I often spot as "buyer, wanna be & never will be, ..."

Since I'm not really the "Blendton" people use to "try to spot his point" in this thread, I will just call my suggestion as :

"Main topic for musicians only ; meaning a dude liking to poll about the color of pads on Push will never enter into".

But I never post that idea until know since I fear about you the reader thinking about "fascism and/or segregation thoughts" for having such a separate area, because of the "if not able to write any word triggering other than jokes you're not at the right place boy" ; skilled people spot buyers instantly whether they expose their status immediately or try faking to have any kind of real experience in any sound related (music related I mean).

This kind of "for musicians and serious having things to tell including typical slang and anecdotes would by design make sure your visit for learning or just discull" but in our constructive, on point with balanced thinking between your XP and something copntradicting it being not disturbing but more interessting...

I apologize for what is far better than "Blendtonese" silly posts I use to make here but I would understand if you dislike my english writing style. Writing in this language is making french-native writers often quickly spotted as french, we write sooooo more words for saying the same than english-native people :-)

Sorry stopping here and will discuss about music later I have some duties I have to focus on which can't be done if I switch between "mu work" and "my knowledge before that work and when now @ work despite always like now being under specific obligation to wait and be ready if .... I mean in case of and .....

Private professional life off-topic = back when able to and yes I didn't used to be unavailable like here before retiring from professional audio multiverse for so different other multiverse to work into sorry ;-).

Shuting off the PC. Back in some hours.
Antoine, aka Blendton.

Ableton Live 9 Suite (64-bit) & Ableton Suite 8 + Max for Live (32-bit)
Toshiba Qosmio F750 + lenticular glasses-free 3D
i7 2670QM 2,20GHz - 2x4GB DDR3-1333 - 5400rpm HDD

Citizen

Post by Citizen » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:30 am

Thanks for the great responses guys - a lot of info to take in, but all very useful.

I will be sure to invest in mastering when I have some tunes that I'm really happy with. I'm sure the impartial ear of a good mastering engineer will provide some very useful feedback that will help me moving forward.

Thanks guys!

Gyu гы

Post by Gyu гы » Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:54 pm

dixie237 wrote:
jestermgee wrote:Great example of where a good mastering engineer can find these issues (even when you cannot hear them on certain systems) and fix em.
+1

If your tracks are destined for a club, then you really need to spend the money on a mastering house that has experience in that genre. With the best will in the world, in a project studio, its very very difficult to do-it-all.

Most places wont charge much. Will give feedback on mix adjustments you can make if supplying a single stereo mix. Stems are better. These need only be minimum of 3 (more is better of course). Drums, bass, everything else. If you've spent time getting your mix as good as you can, and your serious about the track, spend some money on mastering, then bang it out through a club system.

good luck :)
D
I really don't think it's that necessary to get tunes mastered to play them out. I find a bit of limiting is normally fine to play tunes out.
To the OP, I really like that track mate! On my monitors the bass sounds fine so it might be more about the acoustics of the room you were playing in. (Actually, you might want to take some of the lowest frequencies out ;) )
I'm really prone to putting too much bass in tracks myself, it can be hard to find the right balance.
I just think in this situation you need to remember that you can't necessarily trust the club's PA more than your set-up.