sound card for lapyyyy??!!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
DJALEX

sound card for lapyyyy??!!

Post by DJALEX » Thu May 05, 2005 5:52 pm

any advice in sound's card for my lap??!! :roll: "windows" ,witch one is better 8O usb firewire or direct?? i need only 2 or 3 outs :lol:
Live 6 - Reason 3 - Fruity Loops - Acid - Sound Forge 7 - UC-33 - BCF 2000 - KeyStation 61 - Arkaos - Sony Vaio lap

D K

Post by D K » Thu May 05, 2005 6:31 pm

i picked up an echo i/o cardslot interface and i love it
it seems i can get cleaner audio at fewer samples(thus lower latency)
than i can out of my firewire interfaces...
inexpensive in comparison
and really portable
great if you need only a few channels
http://echoaudio.com
d

DJALEX

Post by DJALEX » Thu May 05, 2005 6:36 pm

D K wrote:i picked up an echo i/o cardslot interface and i love it
it seems i can get cleaner audio at fewer samples(thus lower latency)
than i can out of my firewire interfaces...
inexpensive in comparison
and really portable
great if you need only a few channels
http://echoaudio.com
d
Thank's DK im on my way to get one echoaudio, im f___n late my gig is come in!!!
Live 6 - Reason 3 - Fruity Loops - Acid - Sound Forge 7 - UC-33 - BCF 2000 - KeyStation 61 - Arkaos - Sony Vaio lap

hambone1

Post by hambone1 » Thu May 05, 2005 6:37 pm

I love my M-Audio Ozonic.

MIDI controller with loads of knobs, sliders & a joystick, keyboard, 4 channels of 24-bit audio out, 24-bit audio in with a phantom powereded mic preamp, MIDI interface, all in one box that connects with a single Firewire cable. Couldn't be simplier. Doesn't even need power.. gets it down the Firewire cable.

I've eliminated so many boxes, cables, and headaches with one box.

theofficials

Post by theofficials » Sun May 08, 2005 7:17 am

hambone1 wrote:I love my M-Audio Ozonic.....Couldn't be simplier. Doesn't even need power.. gets it down the Firewire cable.
Just to add to that. Any laptop users with Firewire connectivity via a PCMCIA card will have to use the pre-supplied M-Audio Power Adaptor. PCMCIA firewire doesn't provide BUS power to the Ozonic.

For this reason alone I will be selling mine - so if anyone's interested in a 3 month old Ozonic as new then PM me.
TheOfficials / ACAPELLAS4U
P4 2.8Mhz + /1Gb of Crucial DDR Ram 1 x 200gb SATA+ 1x80gb IDE

hambone1

Post by hambone1 » Sun May 08, 2005 9:06 am

When would you be away from AC power for the Firewire card?

I have the LaCie Firewire 800 PCMCIA card. I don't use it for the Ozonic, but for a Firewire 800 RAID, which needs AC power anyway.

My only reservation about the Ozonic is how flimsy it feels. My old Kenton Control Freak Studio is in a steel case, and has been dropped, stood on, and soldiers on. They don't make 'em like that any more!

Maybe a good reason for a backup Ozonic. Let me know what you want for it.

theofficials

Post by theofficials » Wed May 18, 2005 3:00 pm

hambone1 wrote:When would you be away from AC power for the Firewire card?
When I'm out in me garden ofcourse feeling all inspirational.
hambone1 wrote:I have the LaCie Firewire 800 PCMCIA card. I don't use it for the Ozonic, but for a Firewire 800 RAID, which needs AC power anyway.
OK
hambone1 wrote:My only reservation about the Ozonic is how flimsy it feels. My old Kenton Control Freak Studio is in a steel case, and has been dropped, stood on, and soldiers on. They don't make 'em like that any more!
Sounds gr8!
hambone1 wrote:Maybe a good reason for a backup Ozonic. Let me know what you want for it.
minimum £250 (no including whatever delivery methods u require though) I ain't made of money. this will include a 3metre 6pin-6pin firewire cable and a pcmcia firewire card (surplus to requirements now)

p.s - sorry for the lond delay in replyin - for some reason gmail though msgs from this forum were spam :S

pilch
TheOfficials / ACAPELLAS4U
P4 2.8Mhz + /1Gb of Crucial DDR Ram 1 x 200gb SATA+ 1x80gb IDE

matteo

About Soundcards

Post by matteo » Mon May 23, 2005 10:36 pm

Hello!

I use Live with RME Multiface and this card has everything you need 8 I/O
Spdif I/O Midi I/O Adat I/O Word Clock I/O Adat Sync. So you can connect drum machines, external effects Keyboards and Synths, Pads. The only problem is with Mic. Beacuse I bought Mic Preamp RME Quadmic with 4 Balanced I/O. I use Laptop Dell Inspiron 8200 and realy works great with Dell Hardware. I read on web that dell and rme has the most compability system together. With Multiface you should have a CARDBUS to connect a card with PC.

A lot of fun People, Crazy Nuts