Logic Pro X is out.

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
timothyallan
Posts: 5788
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2004 11:05 pm
Location: Melbourne Australia
Contact:

Re: Logic Pro X is out.

Post by timothyallan » Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:40 am

It's like a new version of windows... you know that everything is still exactly the same under the hood, but it's got a different skin and a couple new bells and whistles.

Machinesworking
Posts: 11101
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2004 9:30 pm
Location: Seattle

Re: Logic Pro X is out.

Post by Machinesworking » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:58 am

I have to say though I feel similar about Live 9, I'm happy Max For Live is included in Suite, but the $299 upgrade price and the negative aspects of the browser make it also a bit of a let down feature wise. You'd think the two DAWs that took forever to upgrade would beat the crap out of DP, Cubase etc. new feature wise but nope. :x

artpunk
Posts: 541
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:51 am
Location: The Antipodes
Contact:

Re: Logic Pro X is out.

Post by artpunk » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:43 am

Machinesworking wrote:I have to say though I feel similar about Live 9, I'm happy Max For Live is included in Suite, but the $299 upgrade price and the negative aspects of the browser make it also a bit of a let down feature wise. You'd think the two DAWs that took forever to upgrade would beat the crap out of DP, Cubase etc. new feature wise but nope. :x
I don't have cubase or DP etc, but I actually thought that Live 9 Suite was a great improvement & upgrade from Live 8 Standard that I did have and use prior to the upgrade - but hey, as I said, I have only used Live, so can't compare with any other DAW. But, wait! Now there is a different DAW upgrade that doesn't fully satisfy customer expectations? Uh... shock horror, what a surprise etc etc, gee Abes aren't the only ones, what a revelation etc etc :twisted: ..

“... it was just to make an average listener go: ‘What the fuck is this?’ That’s a real inspiration for me and something that I will explore more on upcoming recordings.”
- Wally De Backer (Gotye) quoting Ween's intention behind making records

pencilrocket
Posts: 1718
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:46 am

Re: Logic Pro X is out.

Post by pencilrocket » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:07 am

A review done by a user who isn't paid from a media.
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 06#5420806
Image

8O
Posts: 5502
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:29 am
Location: Berlin

Re: Logic Pro X is out.

Post by 8O » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:20 am

pencilrocket wrote:A review done by a user who isn't paid from a media.
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 06#5420806
Interesting read, thanks...
Image

Pasha
Posts: 3238
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2005 12:45 pm
Location: Lost Island
Contact:

Re: Logic Pro X is out.

Post by Pasha » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:32 am

pencilrocket wrote:A review done by a user who isn't paid from a media.
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 06#5420806
Good read thanks.
Apple Desktop / Laptop
Live 9 Suite,Zebra 2.6,Guitar, Bass, VG99, JV1010 and some controllers
______________________________________
Music : http://alonetone.com/pasha

puzzlefactory
Posts: 360
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:39 pm

Re: Logic Pro X is out.

Post by puzzlefactory » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:49 am

Interesting read, but personally I'll wait for a review from someone who has used it for more than one day. ;)

timothyallan
Posts: 5788
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2004 11:05 pm
Location: Melbourne Australia
Contact:

Re: Logic Pro X is out.

Post by timothyallan » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:59 am

I've used it for more than one day. He's pretty bang on.

It's like I said with the windows comment earlier, you can tell it's all exactly the same as the old version underneath. Even the magazines with prerelease copies are saying the same thing.

DataMusic
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:11 pm

Re: Logic Pro X is out.

Post by DataMusic » Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:48 pm

deleted

nathannn
Posts: 3310
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:38 am
Location: U.S.

Re: Logic Pro X is out.

Post by nathannn » Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:32 pm

8O It comes with gavin alternative drummer!!
omg! 8O And rose r&b drummer !!!! :o :o
Im sold dudes!!
The Push / Novation Launch Pad / Novation Launch Pad Pro / Novation Launch Key
/ Launch Control XL / Machine MkII / Machine Studio / BeatStep / Livid OhmRGB / Livid Code V2 / Apc 40 MKII

no computers or synths

20 Copies of Ableton Live Lite.

Tarekith
Posts: 17347
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2005 11:46 pm
Location: Ableton Forum Administrator
Contact:

Re: Logic Pro X is out.

Post by Tarekith » Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:35 pm

I actually thought the Logic update was bigger than the Live one in this case, seems like a lot more changes in the new version of Logic. Not saying better, but more functional changes.

kitekrazy
Posts: 731
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:16 pm

Re: Logic Pro X is out.

Post by kitekrazy » Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:46 pm

login wrote:And they call Live 9 a Rip Off.

Is really starting to show how Apple ownerships of it damages is development forward because it has to appeal to the mass market, also their upgrade policy.
I would add that they could get more revenue by being cross platform. They still refuse to learn that lesson. Did you notice that Garage Band is one of the most expensive DAWs. It requires a $1200 purchase.

beats me
Posts: 23319
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:39 pm

Re: Logic Pro X is out.

Post by beats me » Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:21 pm

kitekrazy wrote: I would add that they could get more revenue by being cross platform. They still refuse to learn that lesson. Did you notice that Garage Band is one of the most expensive DAWs. It requires a $1200 purchase.

Apple’s primary focus isn’t revenue and yet they are the richest tech company on the planet.

Your point? Hate Apple much?

djadonis206
Posts: 6488
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 4:23 pm
Location: Seattle, WA.

Re: Logic Pro X is out.

Post by djadonis206 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:09 pm

Beats,

While revenue and profit are different things, if Apple isn't a profitable company they will cease to exist

Based on economic theory, the sole purpose of for-profit companies is to return a profit to investors. Otherwise, they'd be a non-profit playing by a different set of rules delivering a different kind of product.

That's not hate
Ableton | Elektron

Music

beats me
Posts: 23319
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:39 pm

Re: Logic Pro X is out.

Post by beats me » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:40 pm

djadonis206 wrote:Beats,

While revenue and profit are different things, if Apple isn't a profitable company they will cease to exist

Based on economic theory, the sole purpose of for-profit companies is to return a profit to investors. Otherwise, they'd be a non-profit playing by a different set of rules delivering a different kind of product.

That's not hate


Apple is still hugely profitable. The decline in their stock value over the last year has been based nearly 100% on speculation, rumor, and Steve Jobs’ death causing people to claim Apple can’t run or innovate without him or they feel they can finally talk shit about him and Apple without fear of reprisal. Apple announced record quarters and the stock still dropped.

Post Reply