Ableton Online Studio

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Yage

Ableton Online Studio

Post by Yage » Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:08 am

How far is Ableton online studio to happen ? http://soundation.com/

naujpablo

Re: Ableton Online Studio

Post by naujpablo » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:35 am

I hope never.

crippled, slow, useless pieces of browser-based software, wasting developer resources at a company that could better invest on fixing the actual desktop app and add new features, imho.

Yage

Post by Yage » Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:12 am

naujpablo wrote:I hope never.

crippled, slow, useless pieces of browser-based software, wasting developer resources at a company that could better invest on fixing the actual desktop app and add new features, imho.

I think it can work if the website is extensions from Live's Patches with an online library!

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:12 am

Yage wrote:

I think it can work if the website is extensions from Live's Patches with an online library!
Seems limited and looks like you have to use their choice in instruments/loops etc. Maybe good for a starting tool but not a serious composer.

Though it would be good to be out and about and drop into an internet cafe to lay down a riff

mr.ergonomics

Post by mr.ergonomics » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:55 pm

I agree 100%, that's why I also hope never.
web technology is cool for many tasks, but it's just wrong for this kind of stuff. even the new web audio API is a way too slow and limited compared to a c++ or even a java application.

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:12 pm

I hope Ableton is working on a full version for Google Glass. And wifi enabled refrigerators.