All times are UTC

Post subject: How to get started?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:58 pm 

I :D 'm a 16 year old and I recently got ableton live 9. I have never used music software before. I was wondering how you guys Learned to use Ableton Live. I really want to make music,but I do not know how to use the software. I never used any other music creation software. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you :D

Post subject: Re: How to get started?
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:45 am 

You Tube would be a good place to dig down to get an overview. There are also tutorials within the software and the manual is a nice augmentation for specifics and concise coverage of the essentials.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:36 pm 

bodhi71 wrote:
You Tube would be a good place to dig down to get an overview. There are also tutorials within the software and the manual is a nice augmentation for specifics and concise coverage of the essentials.

Exactly. Also don't try to copy someones sound, create your own!

Mike

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:55 am 

Whatever you do DONT start looking for every type of VST and sample pack (and stay away from those warez) 8)

Get a good handle on the actual software first. As stupid as it sounds, start at the start. If you are new to DAWs sit doen and ask if you know what DAW, LFO, Cutoff, ADSR etc mean and how they are used. Things like that "What is quantize... What is Warping and how does it work". If you don't know, read up on it.

There is probably as much learning as there is actually music making.... Actually, there is probably MORE learning and mucking round as there is actual music making and you will soon see that not every idea will work, not every vision will get completed but it's a great hobby to get into. Just don't expect anything too great to come flying out in the first few years.

Google, Youtube, Forums <<<< These are all your friends now. Please don't mix that up as "we are your friends", we don't do the friends thing, we make music.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:05 am 

check the video tutorials on the help section of ableton website.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:48 am 

Free Ableton Live tutorials
Go to the beginners section first

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:10 pm 

loopman31 wrote:
I :D 'm a 16 year old and I recently got ableton live 9. I have never used music software before. I was wondering how you guys Learned to use Ableton Live. I really want to make music,but I do not know how to use the software. I never used any other music creation software. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you :D

check pm :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:44 pm 

ilya.soloviev wrote:
loopman31 wrote:

check pm :wink:

what does it say?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:56 pm 

1. Do first few tutorials from the help menu.
2. Start making noises.
3. Have fun.
4. Worry about the rest later