Updated to 9.0.5 and now my packs are empty.......

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
BoddAH

Re: Updated to 9.0.5 and now my packs are empty.......

Post by BoddAH » Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:02 pm

Theo Void wrote:Well. My packs magically re-appeared! I literally did nothing and they're back now. I can't explain it. Before it was just a lessons folder and another empty folder in each pack but now they are normal again.

:?:

darkenedsoul

Post by darkenedsoul » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:56 pm

Theo Void wrote:Well. My packs magically re-appeared! I literally did nothing and they're back now. I can't explain it. Before it was just a lessons folder and another empty folder in each pack but now they are normal again.

:?:
Perhaps the lovely Indexing had something to do with it? Anyways, at least you have them all back. I updated from 9.0.4 to 9.0.5 and put into a separate folder to keep them separate and my packs where there after a short indexing.

Mike
http://www.darkenedsoul.net - main website
Ableton Live 8.x/9.x : NI Komplete 8 : Home built 4690K 16GB 500GB SSD, 1TB 7200, 2x2TB.

darkenedsoul

Post by darkenedsoul » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:36 pm

Wow, I get to eat crow as I just got done with Live 8.3.4 scanning the fricking library (took 5 hrs or so....) and then loaded it up again and then Live 9.0.5 and MY PACKS ARE MISSING TOO WTF! This is insane and I hope like hell it has been bugged and will be resolved in 9.0.6. I have all the packs here...I just was hoping to not have to go through all this shit again. I don't know what kind of testing they are doing but they apparently missed that? Seems I have all the default stuff though...

So now to find time to re-load them all again. I am going to check 9.0.4 as i am not sure i loaded them all into it,

Mike

[Edit] 9.0.4 isn't showing them either. Maybe it was 9.0.3 that I had loaded them into...I forget...still, if you installed them ONCE and just install Live 9 it should find the damn packs.... Here is my path to Factory Packs which also shows others I purchased and had installed sometime during Live 9.0.x installation: C:\Users\mike\Documents\Ableton\Factory Packs

Question is why weren't they picked up? I did a browse to it in Live 9.0.5, I went to close it and it asked if I wanted to move them. I said no. I did the same operation, pointed to that path, clicked ok, in a few secs they all showed up in the browser....strange things indeed. At least I can see them, audition them and load them into a track. Try that out and see if it works for those who think they are missing....
Last edited by darkenedsoul on Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ableton Live 8.x/9.x : NI Komplete 8 : Home built 4690K 16GB 500GB SSD, 1TB 7200, 2x2TB.

Theo Void

Post by Theo Void » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:45 pm

YEah. This shit is crazy! What the is happening w/ Ableton?
They seem to be coming apart at the seams.
I hope they get it together because I truly Love this soft-ware and would hate to see them fall apart.

darkenedsoul

Post by darkenedsoul » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:49 pm

Hmm, in 9.0.4 I went into prefs, clicked browse for packs, pointed to same one, clicked ok but it did not refresh the packs (yet) and didn't pop an option to move (which I cancelled out of)....bizarre behavior if you ask me....

Mike

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:02 am

Here's what SUPPORT told me. If you choose a location under preferences/library that is some arbitrary location and THEN choose the pack area then it will recognize them. I've already redone my pack installation so could someone please try this?