All times are UTC

Post subject: Live 9 Export problem
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:34 pm 

Hi everyone, I know this subject has been covered many times but I just wanted some opinions on the problem I have.

I've just finished a track and exported at 32 bit for a spot of mastering. I've brought the track back into the project for a comparison.

There is notable distortion on the audio track. Not massive, but noticeable. A degree of top end 'space' seems to also be removed.

I've check my warp settings and they were not on.

I've also tried a live record from the master to an audio track. This has improved the record but it's still not a like for like.

Next I bypassed the master bus altogether. I routed all channels out to a channel on my xone 4d and then recorded that back in. Again that has made another improvement.

I don't want to get into any debates on the audio engine etc. however I would like some suggestions on how to improve the recording.

Ive downloaded a demo of reaper and I'm going to try rewire the channel ands record from reaper.

Does anyone else have any suggestions or workarounds?

Cheers

Rokki

Post subject: Re: Live 9 Export problem
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:40 pm 

Hi there, I've tried using reaper for the export. I've routing the stems out of ableton into reaper. I then rendered the files directly in reaper. I must say it is a definite improvement and probably something I will continue to do in future.

I'm only saying this for information, like I said it wasn't intended to be a bitchfest or anything.

Cheers

Rokki